No announcement yet.

Mattawoman blue cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daaaang!!! Nice fish!! I just searched Wilson Bridge and saw your and Shady's recent December trip.... How did I miss that thread?? So it's looking like working the bridge bulkheads is the trick for this area. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks, Rockchaser!
    Last edited by supfisher01; 02-05-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Blue Plains....

Directly downstream from Blue Plains Washington Metropolitan Waste Water Treatment Plant (less than a mile) is the Wilson Bridge...and when the wind is just right the smell is over powering...you could hold a gun on me and it would not make me eat anything caught within a mile of Blue Plains...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Let me know when your heading there, I haven't been in a while and need to get back out there. You will need a DC fishing license. $13.00 for the calendar year. South of the bridge is MD water but above the bridge is DC and the line cuts on an angle through the bridge.

You will be launching from a floating dock that is about 18" above the water but isn't a big deal. It comes up in every post and some people will say it's too high. I have seen everything from inflatable kayaks to stand up boards and sit inside kayak launch there.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Blue Plains....

Directly downstream from Blue Plains Washington Metropolitan Waste Water Treatment Plant (less than a mile) is the Wilson Bridge...and when the wind is just right the smell is over powering...you could hold a gun on me and it would not make me eat anything caught within a mile of Blue Plains...
          I hear ya, Ron. I'll probably only fish this area for the pullage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
            Let me know when your heading there, I haven't been in a while and need to get back out there. You will need a DC fishing license. $13.00 for the calendar year. South of the bridge is MD water but above the bridge is DC and the line cuts on an angle through the bridge.

You will be launching from a floating dock that is about 18" above the water but isn't a big deal. It comes up in every post and some people will say it's too high. I have seen everything from inflatable kayaks to stand up boards and sit inside kayak launch there.
            Cool. Thanks for the info and will definitely let you know if I head out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              Blue Plains....

I agree about not eating from there but many people do. I don't know what kind of territory Blue catfish cover, is safe to think they could travel up and down the river say from the ridge to Mattawomen?

As far as the smell from the plant, it hasn't affected me at the bridge. With a pile of raw chicken for bait and catfish slime all over the yak I don't know I'd notice it anyways.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member

Comment

@rockchaser what bait is that in your gunnel there? raw chicken strips? do you marinate in anything or sour the chicken or just go out with it thawed? never used it til recently ive been soaking in soy sauce
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                  @rockchaser what bait is that in your gunnel there? raw chicken strips? do you marinate in anything or sour the chicken or just go out with it thawed? never used it til recently ive been soaking in soy sauce
                  Plain raw chicken breast. Chicken soaked in cherry cool-aid helps bring them in on a slack tide sometimes but I haven't seen enough difference to deal with the red fingers you get using it.
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member

Comment

Working...
                  X