New Board Member and Kayak Owner Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Board Member and Kayak Owner Intro

Hello all. I know a few guys who are heavy into kayaking. I'm new to kayaking, but have been fishing for many years. Just bought a new Native Watercraft Manta Ray 12 Angler. Looking forward to getting out on the water come spring. I have 120 different species of fish, but only a few caught from a kayak - Largemouth bass, catfish, yellow perch, white perch and bluegill. I expect to be kayaking in the lower Susquehanna as well as in other upper bay tidal locations. It will be fun to add to my kayak fishing species list. See you here and on the water.
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray Angler 12

Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll add stripers to your kayak catch list this spring.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Tim,
      Welcome to the Chesapeake Bay, tight lines
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Welcome Tim;

There's nothing like pulling in a large fish from a kayak

Comment

Welcome Tim! It was nice seeing you at the boat show and thanks for the upper bay boating magazines! I'm glad to hear you pulled the trigger on buying the kayak and I look forward to fishing with you this year! Be sure to check out our 2017 Meet & Greet schedule and try to attend one of the events!

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...edule-for-2017
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Campbell View Post
            Hello all. I know a few guys who are heavy into kayaking. I'm new to kayaking, but have been fishing for many years. Just bought a new Native Watercraft Manta Ray 12 Angler. Looking forward to getting out on the water come spring. I have 120 different species of fish, but only a few caught from a kayak - Largemouth bass, catfish, yellow perch, white perch and bluegill. I expect to be kayaking in the lower Susquehanna as well as in other upper bay tidal locations. It will be fun to add to my kayak fishing species list. See you here and on the water.
            Welcome to the group Tim!

Just another day in the sun...
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

Hi Tim -

Welcome to Snaggedline and to the Native Watercraft family. I think you will really enjoy your Manta Ray 12. It is a great kayak. I previously owned a Manta Ray 14 (and used one in Florida last week) and currently own a Manta Ray 11. The Manta Rays have the most comfortable seat of any kayak I have ever used.

With you decades of experience with fishing, you will quickly become adept at fishing from a kayak. Having a lightweight and quiet vessel will allow you to explore areas you could not get on your larger boat.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Mark - Thanks. Can't wait to catch my first striper from my new kayak!

John - Thanks!

Blue - Looking forward to it!

Mike - Thanks. I'm looking at the May Meet and Greet in the Susky. I'll be watching for dates.

Ain't - Thanks

John - Thanks. I'm mostly interested in catching Snakeheads, smallmouth and stripers from my kayak. Pickerel and yellow perch too. Perhaps we could fish together sometime!

Comment

Welcome Tim from the lower slower
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Tim! You will not be disappointed with this forum. Full of good info and friendly fisherman that love to fish!

Comment

Congrats on the new yak!

Once it warms up June/July I head across the bridge to the shore for snakeheads, let me know if you want to meet up.

Cheers, and tight lines!
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Tim, from one susky flats fisher to another, welcome to the site.
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                          Tim, from one susky flats fisher to another, welcome to the site.
                          Make that two! Glad to see another member up my way. Harford county has quite a few of us recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Mike

Comment

Hi Tim, Good to see you here. I'm new to this board but, as you know, I've been around.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome fellers. Looking forward to meeting up, catching some fish and learning more about kayaking.
                              Chris, hope all is well, good to hear from you.

My new 2017 Native Watercraft MR 12
                              Native MR 12.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X