Looking for a better cart???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
    I like the look of that seattle atc cart. I have been using a heavy duty homemade scupper cart for my X Factor and it has worked well for 5 years but i broke it this weekend duck hunting. I want to get away from scupper mount do to damage at scupper holes and was looking at the c tug but I dont think its wide enough to take a heavy load off the beaten path and its plastic which I have reservations about. I need a cart that can handle the the extra weight I have when hunting. I like the ctug because it breaks down for storage like my original design scupper cart. has anyone abused a c tug and will it hold up

The Seattle ATC cart and the Ctug are the 2 highest rated carts at being able to hold 300 lbs
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

based on talking to people on here and reading reviews I went with the SeaTug. It is a good cart and works well. I did make two small pieces of rope that I tie on the pins in the wheels to keep them from coming out.

I highly suggest and recommend the SeaTug as well.

Comment

If I was just going to use it for hauling my yak and fishing gear to the water I would go with the ctug for sure just on weight alone and being able to stow it in my yak. The abuse and weight I put a crat through hunting is what Im worried about but Im still leaning toward the ctug Because I will use it fishing a whole lot more than hunting.
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Thanks JA for the information. Looks like the C-Tug will work for what I want to do. The ability to stow the cart in the yak and make one trip and not leave my gear unattended is perfect. Especially on busy days at the ramp I can just roll in and do a quick launch, and no worries of my tackle getting stolen while I walk to get my truck.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
            has anyone abused a c tug and will it hold up
            Leave it to the Aussies ... https://www.facebook.com/KayakandSup...2380617598349/
            https://www.facebook.com/KayakandSup...8436920659386/

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Mark Oldbayrunner ........... You don't have to only use it in the back. As long as you yak is not to wide, you can use it as far forward as you want the balance it. It also doesn't put stress like a scupper cart. In going to see how their largest one does on my Proanglers

Comment

How are the Ctug wheels on soft sand?
                Last edited by summersoff; 02-03-2017, 08:01 AM.
                Jay

10' Green Slayer
                13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  Mark Oldbayrunner ........... You don't have to only use it in the back. As long as you yak is not to wide, you can use it as far forward as you want the balance it. It also doesn't put stress like a scupper cart. In going to see how their largest one does on my Proanglers
                  Mine has a 30 inch axel.

This is how far forward it goes on my Ultimate:

AE.jpg

This is how far forward it goes on my Revo:

BE.jpg

They make one with an axel that extends to 40 inches. You'd probably want that one for your PA.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Got my cart last night and just from the testing in my garage it rolled well even with the yak fully loaded. The only issue I have is the kickstand doesn't stay down and makes the Cart fall over a few times while loading. Is there an easy fix for this? I was thinking of tightening the screw down for more resistance.
                    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
                      Got my cart last night and just from the testing in my garage it rolled well even with the yak fully loaded. The only issue I have is the kickstand doesn't stay down and makes the Cart fall over a few times while loading. Is there an easy fix for this? I was thinking of tightening the screw down for more resistance.
                      I'm not certain that this is your problem but if you angle the cart to the kayak during loading so that the cart is not directly perpendicular to the hull as you lift the boat to compensate for the angle of approach, the kickstand should stay in place. I probably didn't explain that well but what I am suggesting is that as you put the hull on the cart it should fall directly into place onto the cart with no additional adjustments needed. That should negate your need to tighten the kickstand which if too tight could possibly become an annoying obstruction as you roll the cart forward.

I know this from experience...I have a small cart with a kickstand that I use only at home to move my Revo from my garage to my van for loading.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
                        Just tighten the lock nut until it will stay down but not tight enough that it wont collapse up when it hits something.

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                          How are the Ctug wheels on soft sand?
                          Better with the sandtrax wheels but not all that great. There is a conversion available using the Wheeleze wheels that should work better if one does a lot of soft sand.

Comment

The standard c tug wheels actually require more effort to pull through sand than dragging with no cart. Sandtrakz are much lighter than wheeleez, small enough to fit the whole cart in front hatch of my outback, and they work well enough on sand that I have no desire to try and replace with wheeleez.

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                              Everyone tries to make their own cart, or buy one and not everyone is always happy with that they get or make. It gets frustrating

But once you find the cart that works best, it makes fishing so much easier.

Check out why the Ctug by Railblaza makes my life EASIER when transporting my yak to and from the water.

This thing really shaves off time loading and unloading and saves a ton of weight and space

For those of you frustrated by the old C-Tug strap, it seems they have upgraded it so it now comes with a heavy duty spring-loaded cam lock buckle.
                              Michael
                              Washington, DC
                              Hobie Outback

Comment

Have one of those universal aluminum canoe/kayak carts that go for around $40 nowadays. It does fine with our old tandem, which weighs ~50lbs. My new boat weighs 117lbs empty. Tried pulling it around the house with the old cart and it wanted to roll over on the 5-degree cross slope in the backyard. Figured this lateral instability would only get worse with the boat loaded for fishing/hunting, so I started looking for alternatives. 90% of the time I'm going to launch right at my house. It's a quarter mile trip (and 50 feet down) on a gravel double track to a rock/gravel ramp.

Liked the basic design of the Seattle Sports ATC Cart, but it wouldn't do everything I wanted without modification. Rather than buy something I would probably end up modifying anyway, decided to fabricate something that would fit my specific needs better. I was shooting for a design that would provide more uniform support over as much of the hull's surface area as possible, be easy to pull over the terrain I have to deal with, and be capable of launch and recovery on my ramp without dinging the boat or the scupper-mounted transducer.

IMAG0763.jpgIMAG0762.jpg

I was worried initially that the weight of the entire rig with an outfitted boat (ballpark 200lbs total) would be too much for me to make it up my 50" gravel hill. Half way up on the first effort, I was already designing a hitch attachment for the cart in my head, cursing myself for all those silly notions about staying fit into my 70s ... but once I'd made it to the top of the hill and caught my breath, decided that since the climb hadn't killed me, I'd stick with pulling manually for a while and see if it gets any easier. The second trip was much easier, even though I had just completed a 10-mile pedal. So now I'm planning to stick with what I've got unless something on me bends, breaks, or falls off. Will probably stick with the old universal cart for public launches.
                                Last edited by GUNS&ROTORS; 02-25-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X