**Sale** Waterproof VHF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Sale** Waterproof VHF

I happen to be in NJ for the next few days. Tackle Direct has the 5W Standard Horizon handheld VHF on sale for $83 (it's usually $165); a 50% discount.
    This is a great VHF for kayakers. I have one and recommend it - no frills, it just works well.
    Not sure how many they have, but I thought I'd share with fellow Snaggedliners.
    TackleDirect.com or call them 888-354-7335.
    Attached Files
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

Really not that much of a sale. The list price is just greatly exaggerated and it it can be had from many retailers for just about the same price everyday. It's $85 on Amazon at regular price.
    https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Hori.../dp/B00AJVX5L6

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
      Really not that much of a sale. The list price is just greatly exaggerated and it it can be had from many retailers for just about the same price everyday. It's $85 on Amazon at regular price.
      https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Hori.../dp/B00AJVX5L6
      Thanks for the fact-check DonV. Honestly, I was just walking through the store and saw this display and thought I would share with fellow kayak fishermen because I have had a good personal experience with this particular model of radio.
      Bottom Line: if one is looking for a VHF radio to kayak with, this SH model is a simple, effective, and reliable one that nowadays seems available at an attractive price point (regardless whether one buys it from TD, Amazon, or some other retailer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

I didn't mean to cast any doubt to your intentions and sorry if I made you feel that way. It is actually a very good price off the shelf from a bricks & mortar establishment.

Been very happy with mine and it's a very nice unit at this price point.

Comment

Working...
        X