Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet and Greet Schedule for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by moc View Post
    Since men if you responded as to which species would be around at a particular time or location I will add a species column since I now have the data.
    thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

I think we should do another catfishing M&G at Marshall Hall or maybe some other spot that I've yet to catfish. I'm open to suggestions, and if need be, I could probably host one in March. Kevinfry did last year, and IMO, it was a great M&G since that was the first time I caught fish from my kayak in tidal waters. Though I think a lot of snaggedliners got skunked, I know I was one of the last to leave and missed lunch, because I was determined not to be skunked. And I hear through the grapevine, that Feb-Mar is a good time to target large rockfish that start making their way into the Bay to spawn in a few weeks/months. It might be tricky to target them, and I honestly wouldn't know where to start, but we could do that in March instead. Though I would have to check all the regs regarding what areas are off limits to fish, and tackle restrictions (barbless hooks). I would prefer not to lead that M&G since I don't know where to go for, or how to target, large striper at that time of year.

moc Guest

If you are open to being the Host for a March Meet and Greet at Marshall Hall, then I will add it to the calendar. Just confirm with me that you want to do it.
    Last edited by moc; 01-22-2017 at 12:26 PM.

I agree I was there for that M&G and it went very well I stayed on the water until 3 I caught about 11 that day and nothing over 22 inches but it went very well for me. I marked a ton of fish on the FF just didn't present them what they wanted. Id definitely consider going there for another in march if my schedule cooperates.

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    I think we should do another catfishing M&G at Marshall Hall or maybe some other spot that I've yet to catfish. I'm open to suggestions, and if need be, I could probably host one in March. Kevinfry did last year, and IMO, it was a great M&G since that was the first time I caught fish from my kayak in tidal waters. Though I think a lot of snaggedliners got skunked, I know I was one of the last to leave and missed lunch, because I was determined not to be skunked. And I hear through the grapevine, that Feb-Mar is a good time to target large rockfish that start making their way into the Bay to spawn in a few weeks/months. It might be tricky to target them, and I honestly wouldn't know where to start, but we could do that in March instead. Though I would have to check all the regs regarding what areas are off limits to fish, and tackle restrictions (barbless hooks). I would prefer not to lead that M&G since I don't know where to go for, or how to target, large striper at that time of year.
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Just curios, can the upper Potomac M&G be done in a pedal or is too shallow, and paddle is recommended?
    13' Sand Revo
    16' Yellow Tarpon
    10' Red Ocean Tandem
    Old Red Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by moc View Post
    If you are open to being the Host for a March Meet and Greet at Marshall Hall, then I will add it to the calendar. Just confirm with me that you want to do it.
    As of right now, I will do it. I will let you know well in advance if it appears I can't host it, but at this point I think I should be good to go.

I would love to have one for Yellow Perch which I didn't see on the 2017 list.

Donnie
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

On the fly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Donsail68 View Post
    I would love to have one for Yellow Perch which I didn't see on the 2017 list.

Donnie
    Pick one of the open months and host it. You can also post on the main forum when you are going and get some other kayaker's to Meet and fish in addition to the M&g.

I'm interested in participating in the May Meet and Greet up the Flats.
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray Angler 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Campbell View Post
    I'm interested in participating in the May Meet and Greet up the Flats.
    Samesies. I am in Bel Air. The flats are super close to my house.

In other news, is there any plans for the first week in May for stripers? I would like to go by the bridge.. but I don't want to go at it alone.
    2016 Ascend H12