Catfish really do eat anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catfish really do eat anything

So, I was getting all of my gear ready for another blue catfish trip tomorrow. Checking my lines, bait, tackle, etc. and noticed something on one of my foam floats that has been fished the last two times I was out. Is it possible that a cat was going for my float rather than my delectable chicken breast that I set out for them? Has anyone else experienced this? I may just put a hook on the float and see what happens. Haha!!

I marked the float so you know that it's on opposing sides and took some pics of the unaffected sides as well.

Looks like a crab grabbed ahold of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen a few people using floats for catfishing and I'm a little confused... Why? I just use a bottom rig, what is the float for?
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
        I've seen a few people using floats for catfishing and I'm a little confused... Why? I just use a bottom rig, what is the float for?
        I'm just using what the pro's say to use but I'm guessing it's to keep your bait just off the bottom, whether you keep the line taught or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          Depends on the bottom. Sometimes there is leaves packed, therefore a float is required to keep it off the bottom
          Native Watercraft Pro Staff
          2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
          33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
          2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Working...
          X