J-Bay 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
    Be thankful you weren't traveling to the same spots I did for work in NY, tolls were between 70-80 one way

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Thats just insanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

If you are bringing a trailer I'd say it will easily be above $40 each way. I would also say that you need to plan your route carefully because trailers are banned on certain roads in NYC and the Belt Parkway is one of them I believe. From the FAQ - http://www.captainkayak.com/tournamentsFAQ.html

How can I get to the event with a camper or trailer?
      LIE to Woodhaven Blvd. South take it over the Cross Bay Bridge (pay toll) then take Beach Channel Drive West/bear left and go over Marine Park Bridge (pay toll)..Park entrance is right after bridge on right.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I did not see that you were pulling a trailer. You are definitely going to be limited to roads you can use and the tolls will be higher. Redfish12 is probably right, I'd count on at least $50 there and back crazy as that sounds.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

trailer is convienient but if it saves me money I can rooftop on my RAV4 or bring my wifes 4runner and rooftop on it also we took it to Hatteras on the top last year no problems...
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
            I did not see that you were pulling a trailer. You are definitely going to be limited to roads you can use and the tolls will be higher. Redfish12 is probably right, I'd count on at least $50 there and back crazy as that sounds.
            Oh no, it's going to be closer to $50 each way. Some tolls are one-way, but it will work out to near that. You can avoid some of the tolls, but it's not worth it with the time and hassle. I'm seriously consider doing this. I went to school at the HS next to the $#!t plant. A striper, bluefish, and weakie, should have me back in NJ in plenty of time for a nice skirt steak lunch, depending on the tide.

Comment

Anybody have a contact for the person organizing this year? I heard it's under new management and wanted to know how things are going. The website and FB page are still not updated and we're about a month away.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

registration opened the 7th and closed the 21st last year so we should be seeing something soon! I cant wait.

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                Anybody have a contact for the person organizing this year? I heard it's under new management and wanted to know how things are going. The website and FB page are still not updated and we're about a month away.
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e79900...07-094910.png?

LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e79900...07-094910.png?

good deal! thanks for the update.
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

"Very soon".....can't he tell we are foaming at the mouth waiting for this?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely foam over here too!

LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

So there's an updated tournament page now.... http://www.captainkayak.com/tournaments.html .... It looks similar to the 2016 tournament I'm guessing, though the qualifying slot for the hobie worlds tournament looks to be a different format. It seems it's now a random drawing between the top 6 finishers. Fine by me, I won't be affected by the change most likely. As of now, registration is not open, though I am on the email list now at least.

Comment

Working...
                          X