J-Bay 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
    Be sure to get you free saltwater registry NY doesnt have sw license butmust refister

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Must butt re fister? Is this going to be at J Bay or Downtown Manhattan?

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Lapse View Post
      Must butt re fister? Is this going to be at J Bay or Downtown Manhattan?
      Lmao wow... but must register for saltwater

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Hey all just got my leave submitted for the Jbay dates and am beginning to make a list of what all I should have packed as far as camping there is involved any advice on what you have taken or not taken and needed would be nice. anyone know what all Is available on site and what is a definite must bring would be huge help. Looking forward to meeting a few people on the trip.
        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

If you get there early you might find a grass area to camp, otherwise you'll be pitching a tent on pavement and need sandbags. They have hot showers in a trailer setup and portajons for bathrooms. Bring lots of ice in your coolers and if you're buying bait get it beforehand. There are no stores close by for food, so come prepared. Search the forum on previous years and you'll find more info, or feel free to msg me, but I'm no expert.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...highlight=jbay
          Last edited by silasvirus82; 03-03-2017, 08:34 AM.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

thank you so much for the headsup about bait/food... I do plan to be there Thursday not sure how early I suppose that depends on if I have a partner riding with me or if im hoofin it alone.

are there grills available for use I was thinking maybe I could bring some venison to cook up I have plenty and figure itd be a good way to meet people lol
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

thank you so much for the headsup about bait/food... I do plan to be there Thursday not sure how early I suppose that depends on if I have a partner riding with me or if im hoofin it alone.

are there grills available for use I was thinking maybe I could bring some venison to cook up I have plenty and figure itd be a good way to meet people lol
              No grills that I'm aware of, but I'm bringing a big camp stove with a griddle you're welcome to use for a small tasting fee. I usually go all out with food. Pancakes, french toast, bacon, homefries, eggs, and maybe venison just for breakfast On the first night they usually provide a pretty good meal, so that's one dinner you don't need to worry about.

One other thing I forgot to mention, the launching area is about 300 yards away from the camping area, take a look at a map, so bring wheels or plan on driving back and forth with your kayak. I have a truck so I keep mine fully rigged and just dump it off in the morning. Also, they have a couple water hoses setup for rinsing your gear off at the end of each day.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

There are no electric hookups, so you may want to bring an inverter or solar charger to power your FF batteries and phones.

Hobie TI
                Hobie Outback
                Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as toll fees coming from the Maryland area in an suv with single axle trailer...thanks
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as toll fees coming from the Maryland area in an suv with single axle trailer...thanks
                    Are you sitting down?

Comment

It's around $30 from MD if I remember right, each way.
                      2015 Hobie Outback
                      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Thanks just wanted an idea, are they manned tolls where I can use a card or are they cash tolls.
                        Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                        It's around $30 from MD if I remember right, each way.
                        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Not sure, but I'd recommend an EZ Pass. Some tolls are cheaper with one and it's faster
                          2015 Hobie Outback
                          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Thanks just wanted an idea, are they manned tolls where I can use a card or are they cash tolls.
                            They're all cash, not sure I've ever seen a toll take a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                              They're all cash, not sure I've ever seen a toll take a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I have once i forget where tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Be thankful you weren't traveling to the same spots I did for work in NY, tolls were between 70-80 one way

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X