Thread: Fish Finder rigging

Default Fish Finder rigging

I got a new Dragonfly and after wondering how/where to place it I came up with this...I didn't like the idea of flush to the deck (thought it would be too low) nor did I like off to the side on a track mount. IMG_46271.jpgIMG_46291.jpgIMG_46301.jpgIMG_46321.jpgDFLY.jpgDFLY20.jpg
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

That looks nice. They also make ram ball mounts where it will raise it from the deck some also. Then you can move it out of the way if not needed.

Another creative use of PVC for kayak angling.

Good job.
    Mark

Olive Hobie Revo 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

paint it black and call it a day looks good hope you enjoy it!
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

You are going to find that it is right smack dab in the way...very convienant to use but not to fish- I find that I sometimes fiddle with my unit but most times I am using it for following contours trolling or locating fish/bait schools- in heavy fog the GPS is full screen- off to my right side on a one inch Ram ball mount...but the best thing is to use it and see what suits you best- I tried several different locations and find my right side, within arms length is best for me-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Quote Originally Posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    You are going to find that it is right smack dab in the way...very convienant to use but not to fish- I find that I sometimes fiddle with my unit but most times I am using it for following contours trolling or locating fish/bait schools- in heavy fog the GPS is full screen- off to my right side on a one inch Ram ball mount...but the best thing is to use it and see what suits you best- I tried several different locations and find my right side, within arms length is best for me-
    Agree. In fact, I've removed my RAM mount in order to lower it a bit. Frankly, the only time I use the RAM mount is to adjust the FF display when it begins to droop down on the RAM mount. I know exactly where my ass is going to be planted, so why put it on a swivel? Just extra weight, and just extra bouncing.
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    I need a good paddling

DONE!! looks better20170129_162250.jpg
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Default Dragonfly - im lovin it

Here are some pics from the maiden voyage w my Dragonfly. The schools are crappies, didn't catch any worth photographing unfortunately...the one w two arches I did manage to haul one of them up w a Gulp minnow. This is the first FF I was able to see my lure, jigging in...a silver buddy really lit up the screen (no pic taken). I am really impressed...no down imaging pics...their wasn't anything down there that impressed me.20170125_120515.jpg20170125_120833.jpg20170125_151238.jpg
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Jackson - BIG TUNA