No announcement yet.

Potomac Blue Cat Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh as it gets. He will let you know when he has them and they were caught that morning.

Comment

Love to have some fresh gizzard shad- I live in Southern Maryland- where is this seafood and bait shop located- contact info? And if anyone wants to eat really big Blue catfish you are welcome to all of mine- I do not keep anything over 30 inches so let me know- last week was slow but big fish...I like 18-20 inch fish the best...Mattawoman Creek is pretty clean from a pollution stand point...IMO much safer to eat fish from there than mainstream Potomac
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

If anyone decides to pick up fresh bait, please pick me up some as well. I will kindly reimburse you. Thank you Dave for the information.
        2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

The shop is right down in Benedict by the boat ramp. The page is t.f.t.r. Bait and seafood on Facebook. Also I picked some up today so I may have extra if y'all can't make it down to them.

Comment

Thanks- Benedict is about 8 or 9 miles from me...so it isn't a big deal for me to get down there
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sounds like we are in for a good day. I will "cash errybody ousside"!! <sic>
              2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Me and my plus 1 are out. I just got notified by one of my sponsors that he needs me for a show. Ill be out sunday, in my spot if any of you would like to join.
                Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Thank you for the invite. I think I may do the CCA bluecat tourney this year so I may see you then. I am not sure if I am going by kayak as of yet. I think I want to though.
                  2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I spoke to them abou the tournament. They are planning on having one this year, just havent finalized a date yet. I just hope its better than last year. It was horrible weather.
                    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Fishing in the rain during the summer isn't so bad. Fishing in the rain in the winter...not so much! I was on the fence last year until I saw the weather report.
                      2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I'm not going to be able to make this one gents. Apparently there's a museum in D.C. we haven't visited yet. Ya'll catch some big'uns!
                        Gregory
                        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                        2014 Pro Angler 12
                        '

Comment

For you frequenters, just wondering how fast (speed of water flow) does the tide move through Mattawoman? Anything like the main river?

Comment

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
                            For you frequenters, just wondering how fast (speed of water flow) does the tide move through Mattawoman? Anything like the main river?
                            It has been awhile for me, but the currents from what I remember were nothing like the current at Marshal Hall. The current is pretty tame in the that protected water shed. It is protected enough that there is a kayak rental shop at the ramp.

I should be there between 9:30am and 10:00am for those who are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              It has been awhile for me, but the currents from what I remember were nothing like the current at Marshal Hall. The current is pretty tame in the that protected water shed. It is protected enough that there is a kayak rental shop at the ramp.

I should be there between 9:30am and 10:00am for those who are coming.
                              Cool, thanks! I'll be there around the same time.

Comment

Hope you guys catch a bunch in the eating size range, and in the "look at that nasty thing!" size range. Stay safe out there on the cold water!

Comment

Working...
                                X