No announcement yet.

Potomac Blue Cat Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone- really enjoyed the fellowship- best part of fishing isn't always the catching, but the folks you share the water with...fish were there but the conditions just weren't what we needed to motivate the fish into active feeding- I think we were an hour late on the water- one hour earlier would have produced a different result- got to be there on the change from high...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

• What a difference. Ill post up another thread.
      20170129_142626.jpg
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

• Yep- plenty of blue cats there- and fresh bait makes a difference

Comment

• We went somewhere else ron

Comment

• Originally posted by moc View Post
            It was good seeing some long time fishing buddies and some new ones. A few of them participated in the CBKA tournament and was using their winnings today on the water. It was nice to see. I think I counted 8 of us at one point. It was my first time out on the kayak for 2017, and I caught one 25 inch healthy looking blue cat. I will try to make some blacken catfish with the fillets. It was chilly this morning. Winds were predicted around 11 to 12 mph with a maximum daytime temperature of 43 degrees according to weather.com.
            Great trip guys. The suck factor just makes it more memorable!

Just another day in the sun...
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

• Originally posted by moc View Post
              It was good seeing some long time fishing buddies and some new ones. A few of them participated in the CBKA tournament and was using their winnings today on the water. It was nice to see. I think I counted 8 of us at one point. It was my first time out on the kayak for 2017, and I caught one 25 inch healthy looking blue cat. I will try to make some blacken catfish with the fillets. It was chilly this morning. Winds were predicted around 11 to 12 mph with a maximum daytime temperature of 43 degrees according to weather.com.
              Nice catch, moc!

Comment

• I had a great time Saturday. I definitely appreciated all the company! I ended up with a decent amount of meat for tacos, so all is well! I will definitely try to make it down at least one more time before the spring.
                2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

• Originally posted by Franzel08 View Post
                  I had a great time Saturday. I definitely appreciated all the company! I ended up with a decent amount of meat for tacos, so all is well! I will definitely try to make it down at least one more time before the spring.
                  Congrats! You definitely had some nice ones strung up!

Comment

• Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                    What a difference. Ill post up another thread.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20839[/ATTACH]
                    That's a boat load of catfish. Nicely done.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

• D3NAL1, do you know the guy who responded "dinks" on Maryland fishing or is he just an @sshole? I may try to get out this weekend for perch around the Baltimore area if anyone is interested.
                      2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

D3NAL1, do you know the guy who responded "dinks" on Maryland fishing or is he just an @sshole? I may try to get out this weekend for perch around the Baltimore area if anyone is interested.
                        Dont know him. I ignore that kinda inputs. Im going back out tomorrow in a friends boat. Trying to track down the 50s

Comment

D3NAL1, do you know the guy who responded "dinks" on Maryland fishing or is he just an @sshole? I may try to get out this weekend for perch around the Baltimore area if anyone is interested.
                          Sounds like a douche, which may be the majority of MD Fishing Facebook group. That page does provide some humor when work slows, or I need a good laugh.

Troy / Abel I didn't make it to Slavin's last week, but i've added you both via FB. Hoping to meetup at the next cat-trip when it warms up!

Thx,
                          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

• Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                            Sounds like a douche, which may be the majority of MD Fishing Facebook group. That page does provide some humor when work slows, or I need a good laugh.

Troy / Abel I didn't make it to Slavin's last week, but i've added you both via FB. Hoping to meetup at the next cat-trip when it warms up!

Thx,
                            I didn't get any request just to let you know.
                            2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

• Anyone up to go tomorrow?

Comment

• I want a few warm days before I go again...don't get me wrong- I finally broke down and got me some good cold water gear that protects me if I had an accident and turtled my kayak, but I turn 71 in less than 2 months and I am finding my comfort means more every year- that was a big reason I wanted to upgrade my 2010 Outback to the 2016 for the Advantage seat system...and I had a nice meal of fresh blue cats the other evening- great tasting fish for the table..supposed to be colder tomorrow than today...and it is Super Bowl weekend...I believe Hotlanta and NE will put on one hell of a show Sunday...

Comment

Working...
                                X