No announcement yet.

Potomac Blue Cat Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From mattawoman I only keep catfish in the 18 to 24 inch range. And they have to be blue cats.

Comment

I tried without luck in finding the bait shop for gizzard shad by slavin's ramp. Can't find Benedict road or town in that area. Also is there yellow perch in Mattawoman creek?

Donnie
      Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Donsail68 View Post
        I tried without luck in finding the bait shop for gizzard shad by slavin's ramp. Can't find Benedict road or town in that area. Also is there yellow perch in Mattawoman creek?

Donnie
        The bait shop has contact info though Facebook t.f.t.r. Bait and seafood. They only do by the order and you have to contact him and he'll let you know when he can get out and get what you need. It is in the town of Benedict MD off md rt231

Comment

I will probably not make it out until Sunday either. Saturday morning is my nieces birthday party.

Comment

I will grab a couple of bass assassins and see if there is any YP on Saturday. I will let you know by Saturday night if I get any.
            2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Yeah, at tide change you can get current on the Creek...I anchor up, usually from the stern on my trolley so I have both rods up front to watch for nibbles...and I drove to Benedict today at 10:30 to pickup bait - sign on door said sorry we are closed...so...have some frozen alewife from last week, but not much..
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                Yeah, at tide change you can get current on the Creek...I anchor up, usually from the stern on my trolley so I have both rods up front to watch for nibbles...and I drove to Benedict today at 10:30 to pickup bait - sign on door said sorry we are closed...so...have some frozen alewife from last week, but not much..
                Thanks, Ron and too bad about the fresh baits.

Comment

Originally posted by Donsail68 View Post
                  Also is there yellow perch in Mattawoman creek?

Donnie
                  I pulled up a yellow perch near the dock as bycatch when I was casting for shad. I'm sure there are more.
                  I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  Garmin Echomap 93sv
                  RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

20170127_170609.jpg

I might be in for tomorrow. Tying everything up and planning ad if i am.
                    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

• Originally posted by d3nal1 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20828[/ATTACH]

i might be in for tomorrow. Tying everything up and planning ad if i am.
                      lol

Comment

• Ill see you guys there
                        Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                        2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                        33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                        2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

• Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                          Ill see you guys there
                          👍🍻

Comment

• Nice crew today...water temp had dropped 6 degrees since last Saturday- still caught some fish...I think we missed the best tide phase...caught just the tail end of it- fish were biting good as soon as we anchored up and dropped a bait- we caught five quick fish then the bite was off...and it was cold on the water- colder than a Mother-in-Law's heart with a stiff breeze...1:30 and I had to throw in the towel...froze out...
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                              Nice crew today...water temp had dropped 6 degrees since last Saturday- still caught some fish...I think we missed the best tide phase...caught just the tail end of it- fish were biting good as soon as we anchored up and dropped a bait- we caught five quick fish then the bite was off...and it was cold on the water- colder than a Mother-in-Law's heart with a stiff breeze...1:30 and I had to throw in the towel...froze out...
                              It was definitely a good turnout and was nice to meet everybody yesterday. Thanks, Ron, for showing us the area. Too bad the fish weren't as abundant as our crew. I may try again tomorrow depending on what time I'm done with work.

Comment

• It was good seeing some long time fishing buddies and some new ones. A few of them participated in the CBKA tournament and was using their winnings today on the water. It was nice to see. I think I counted 8 of us at one point. It was my first time out on the kayak for 2017, and I caught one 25 inch healthy looking blue cat. I will try to make some blacken catfish with the fillets. It was chilly this morning. Winds were predicted around 11 to 12 mph with a maximum daytime temperature of 43 degrees according to weather.com.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by moc; 01-29-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X