Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights for the Pro Angler

Quote Originally Posted by brianisoutside View Post
    If your willing and have someplace warm to do it then I would be happy to help you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian,
    I will definitely keep that in mind. Now I'm just trying to decide which solution to go with. The Supervovas are nice but so are the Blue Water LED... and their a little cheaper. Doing a little research now to see if their are any common complaints about either brand. If this snow and cold weather holds out for another week that might give me time to get it ordered and set a date for an informal get together to install.

Gregory
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

I am going to be installing a few led strips for deck lights on my PA. I order the lights from some chinese website there a fraction of the price of basspros and the same thing. Its pretty easy wether you want to mount it on the inside or outside.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance Elite5, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

I did order 20 dollars worth of "inexpensive lights" off ebay just to get a feel for what I would be working with. Supernova definitely has the nicer kit with all that you need included. Bluewater LED has the better selection of colors. I really want my interior/cabin lighting to be Red as White light tends to attract a lot of insects. A White light would be fine in the rear of the PA. Right now I'm thinking Red in the cockpit, Green on the front sides, Warm White underneath the seat, Blue in the back. Order two day shipping, install over the weekend and on the water by Monday. I haven't found a negative comment about either company and I've heard a lot about people ordering similar kits off Ebay and Amazon. Almost decision time....
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Finally decided to go with the Supernova HPA kit. (Green in the front, Blue in the back, Red in the tank well) Looks like it won't get here as fast as I thought since there were no shipping options on the site. I hear it may snow this weekend and I was planning on spending some quality time in the garage doing the install. No plan survives first contact!

gdm
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Lights are in! Stripped down Matilda and cleared out some work space in the garage so I can do the upgrade tomorrow. Still have to figure out where I'm putting my switches on her but should be a good project!

Just another day in the sun...
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Quote Originally Posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
    Lights are in! Stripped down Matilda and cleared out some work space in the garage so I can do the upgrade tomorrow. Still have to figure out where I'm putting my switches on her but should be a good project!

Pics, we need pictures

I just recieved my lights in the mail as well. I will be installing mine very soon
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance Elite5, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Pics, we need pictures

Ran into a snag beyond my soldering skill and eyesight. I didn't like the toggle switches that came with the light kit cause I figure they are too prone to get caught on something. So, I bought the one pictured. It has a lighted ring that corresponds to the color of the lights that should be easy to see at night. It's a complicated wiring scheme, but I thought I could tackle it. The posts on the switch are just too small. Gonna retreat, regroup and return on another day when my frustration level has gone down a bit. Taped the lights on Matilda where I want them but didn't do any drilling.

Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Yea those are some small tabs and tightly grouped to be soldering.
    It's best to separately melt solder into the wire and the opposite mounting surface first. The penny picture looks like your trying to wrap the wire around the tab and then solder?

Yea those are some small tabs and tightly grouped to be soldering.
    It's best to separately melt solder into the wire and the opposite mounting surface first. The penny picture looks like your trying to wrap the wire around the tab and then solder?

I attempted several variations. With the smaller gauge wire I soldered the wire first but it seemed really flimsy. The wire in picture is the larger gauge wire that came with the kit and I decided to see if I could attach the battery connectors first. Larger gauge won't fit through the hole so what you see is my attempt to separate the wire in half. I should have shortened it, applied solder like you described and then tried to solder to the tabs. You never think straight when you're frustrated. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '