Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights for the Pro Angler

Default Lights for the Pro Angler

Decided that if I'm gonna do some night fishing in the bay having some lights on the PA 12 would not be a bad idea. Is there an outfitter in the Annapolis/Edgewater area that someone can recommend that both has the lights and will also install them? Please and Thank You in advance.

Gregory
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Did you get the live-well after we ate at RedHotnBlue?

I'm eager to see your rig once it's all completed!
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

I did get the live well! We'll have to get together so you can see the setup. It's hard giving up the crate as it is so convenient for lunch and such. I haven't found a good source of live minnows yet, mainly because we are still in the winter months. I would like to go Crappie fishing and Catfishing with some live minnows. I'm excited about the potential to catch other species as the weather warms up. I think that the lights are going to be an absolute must have item if I start staying out much longer after sunset.

Gregory
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

What kind of lights are you trying to install? If you just want a navigation light or something those can be super easy and you should definitely do that yourself. I have LED strips on the bow, stern, and cockpit with a couple switches to control them all. Even though these are more complicated to wire/install, they are still very doable with simple tools. It's going to be expensive to pay someone else to do this for you, and in the end you will have no knowledge of how it was done or how to fix something later down the road. Supernova lights come with instructions and all the materials you'll need, and with a soldering iron, drill, and electrical pliers you should have pretty much everything. It's ok to mess up through trial and error, especially with low voltage electrical stuff you really cant hurt the equipment or yourself, and mistakes generally mean more practice splicing wires. I say try it yourself, and if you're having problems maybe I can swing by to take a look.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Here are two vendors I am looking at to put lights on my PA-12 also. Tons of YouTube videos to assist you.

http://www.supernovafishinglights.com/kayak-lights

http://www.bluewaterled.com/kayak-led-applications/

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

If your willing and have someplace warm to do it then I would be happy to help you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobie is putting out a new seat back bag that may be your ticket for lunches $29.99

Quote Originally Posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
    I did get the live well! We'll have to get together so you can see the setup. It's hard giving up the crate as it is so convenient for lunch and such. I haven't found a good source of live minnows yet, mainly because we are still in the winter months. I would like to go Crappie fishing and Catfishing with some live minnows. I'm excited about the potential to catch other species as the weather warms up. I think that the lights are going to be an absolute must have item if I start staying out much longer after sunset.

Gregory
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Quote Originally Posted by suicyderider View Post
    Hobie is putting out a new seat back bag that may be your ticket for lunches $29.99
    Link?
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Scroll to bottom
    http://www.hobiecat.com/blog/hobies-...ift-guide,681/

Quote Originally Posted by silasvirus82 View Post
    Link?
    LOWRANCE Hook7

LOWRANCE Hook7