Lights for the Pro Angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights for the Pro Angler

Decided that if I'm gonna do some night fishing in the bay having some lights on the PA 12 would not be a bad idea. Is there an outfitter in the Annapolis/Edgewater area that someone can recommend that both has the lights and will also install them? Please and Thank You in advance.

Gregory
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Did you get the live-well after we ate at RedHotnBlue?

I'm eager to see your rig once it's all completed!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I did get the live well! We'll have to get together so you can see the setup. It's hard giving up the crate as it is so convenient for lunch and such. I haven't found a good source of live minnows yet, mainly because we are still in the winter months. I would like to go Crappie fishing and Catfishing with some live minnows. I'm excited about the potential to catch other species as the weather warms up. I think that the lights are going to be an absolute must have item if I start staying out much longer after sunset.

Gregory
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

What kind of lights are you trying to install? If you just want a navigation light or something those can be super easy and you should definitely do that yourself. I have LED strips on the bow, stern, and cockpit with a couple switches to control them all. Even though these are more complicated to wire/install, they are still very doable with simple tools. It's going to be expensive to pay someone else to do this for you, and in the end you will have no knowledge of how it was done or how to fix something later down the road. Supernova lights come with instructions and all the materials you'll need, and with a soldering iron, drill, and electrical pliers you should have pretty much everything. It's ok to mess up through trial and error, especially with low voltage electrical stuff you really cant hurt the equipment or yourself, and mistakes generally mean more practice splicing wires. I say try it yourself, and if you're having problems maybe I can swing by to take a look.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Here are two vendors I am looking at to put lights on my PA-12 also. Tons of YouTube videos to assist you.

http://www.supernovafishinglights.com/kayak-lights

http://www.bluewaterled.com/kayak-led-applications/

Yak67
          2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
          2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

If your willing and have someplace warm to do it then I would be happy to help you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hobie is putting out a new seat back bag that may be your ticket for lunches $29.99

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
              I did get the live well! We'll have to get together so you can see the setup. It's hard giving up the crate as it is so convenient for lunch and such. I haven't found a good source of live minnows yet, mainly because we are still in the winter months. I would like to go Crappie fishing and Catfishing with some live minnows. I'm excited about the potential to catch other species as the weather warms up. I think that the lights are going to be an absolute must have item if I start staying out much longer after sunset.

Gregory
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                Hobie is putting out a new seat back bag that may be your ticket for lunches $29.99
                Link?
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Scroll to bottom
                  http://www.hobiecat.com/blog/hobies-...ift-guide,681/

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                  Link?
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

http://shop.mariner-sails.com/Hobie-...C-72020117.htm
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                      If your willing and have someplace warm to do it then I would be happy to help you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Brian,
                      I will definitely keep that in mind. Now I'm just trying to decide which solution to go with. The Supervovas are nice but so are the Blue Water LED... and their a little cheaper. Doing a little research now to see if their are any common complaints about either brand. If this snow and cold weather holds out for another week that might give me time to get it ordered and set a date for an informal get together to install.

Gregory
                      Gregory
                      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                      2014 Pro Angler 12
                      '

Comment

I am going to be installing a few led strips for deck lights on my PA. I order the lights from some chinese website there a fraction of the price of basspros and the same thing. Its pretty easy wether you want to mount it on the inside or outside.
                        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I did order 20 dollars worth of "inexpensive lights" off ebay just to get a feel for what I would be working with. Supernova definitely has the nicer kit with all that you need included. Bluewater LED has the better selection of colors. I really want my interior/cabin lighting to be Red as White light tends to attract a lot of insects. A White light would be fine in the rear of the PA. Right now I'm thinking Red in the cockpit, Green on the front sides, Warm White underneath the seat, Blue in the back. Order two day shipping, install over the weekend and on the water by Monday. I haven't found a negative comment about either company and I've heard a lot about people ordering similar kits off Ebay and Amazon. Almost decision time....
                          Gregory
                          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                          2014 Pro Angler 12
                          '

Comment

Finally decided to go with the Supernova HPA kit. (Green in the front, Blue in the back, Red in the tank well) Looks like it won't get here as fast as I thought since there were no shipping options on the site. I hear it may snow this weekend and I was planning on spending some quality time in the garage doing the install. No plan survives first contact!

gdm
                            Gregory
                            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                            2014 Pro Angler 12
                            '

Comment

Lights are in! Stripped down Matilda and cleared out some work space in the garage so I can do the upgrade tomorrow. Still have to figure out where I'm putting my switches on her but should be a good project!

Just another day in the sun...
                              Gregory
                              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                              2014 Pro Angler 12
                              '

Comment

Working...
                              X