Where would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you go?

Anyone willing to point me to a decent place to fish in Virginia between Christmas and New Years? I don't really care much what I might catch or whether I'm in salt or fresh water, I'd just like a kayak fishing fix. Temperatures don't look too bad next week at this point.
    Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
    2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

The Wilson Bridge for catfish is always a good time.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
      The Wilson Bridge for catfish is always a good time.
      This was going to be my answer too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What part of virginia?
        Native Watercraft Pro Staff
        2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
        33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
        2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
          What part of virginia?
          Really any part as I'd be driving from central PA looking for at least slightly warmer temps. I've driven to Florida the last few winters but don't have as much time this year because of some family obligations. I figure I might at least get to VA if the weather is cooperative. So, VA is really just named because that is about how far south I figure I can go for just a couple days. I did say that I did care what I'd catch, but I guess I care a little. Catfishing isn't my thing.
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by LivinTheDream View Post
            Really any part as I'd be driving from central PA looking for at least slightly warmer temps. I've driven to Florida the last few winters but don't have as much time this year because of some family obligations. I figure I might at least get to VA if the weather is cooperative. So, VA is really just named because that is about how far south I figure I can go for just a couple days. I did say that I did care what I'd catch, but I guess I care a little. Catfishing isn't my thing.
            Oh, im going catfishing
            Native Watercraft Pro Staff
            2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
            33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
            2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Large red drum were all around the outer banks, NC, about a month ago, so they may be moving into VA waters now. Or they might be heading the opposite direction, I know nothing about their migration patterns. Smith Mtn Lake in Roanoke VA might be good too, I know Stripers in the Fall there are pretty plentiful (might need a guide though, it's a massive lake). Also ask ComeOnFish, he seems to be an expert on a lot of VA waters, so he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Bull reds in VA moved south earlier in the Fall. Striper season ends the 31st in VA and they're still biting.
                J

Comment

Go crappie fishing.

Zack
                  Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                  Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                  "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

If you want fresh water look at lake Anna in va.
                    If your comfortable being on big tidal water you could go jigging for rockfish in the Chesapeake. Pickerel in the tidal creeks should be picking up soon too. Look at coming down near annapolis Maryland, there are a bunch of us in that area

Comment

Results from catfishin on Friday at the Wilson bridge...
                      15626048_10103134950780485_7880321116185183785_o.jpg15626000_10103134950765515_4539026329203473847_o.jpg15676171_10103134950775495_7065838832016844145_o.jpg15590988_10103135777264205_16593844630207695_o.jpg
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                        Results from catfishin on Friday at the Wilson bridge...
                        Wow, now that does make trying cat fish tempting! I'll be heading to the Norfolk area Wednesday morning (from central PA) where I plan to fish Wednesday afternoon and Thursday, though the weather looks bad for Thursday at this point. Where is the Wilson bridge and what do you use to catch those monsters? If anyone has a good suggestion for Norfolk, I'd love to hear it. I've got a place to stay right on the Elizabeth river, so I can launch most conveniently from there, but can of course go anywhere. I know the CBBT and HRBT are right there, but all I really know is trolling, so I could use advice on tactics too if there is a particular tactic needed for a particular place. I believe that the tide is outgoing for much of the daylight hours.
                        Bill

Comment

Google Jones Point Park in Alexandria VA. The bridge is just south of D.C. on the Potomac. I use raw chicken breast with good success. I have landed many Blue catfish there. You don't have to go more then a few hundred yards from the floating dock. Just use a fish finder rig and 2 to 8oz lead. Fish the ends of the walls.

You will need a D.C. fishing license $13.00 for the year. You launch from VA but it's mostly D.C. waters.

IMG_5429.jpg They are down there...
                          Jim

Hobie Outback
                          TKAA member
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                          X