Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Christmas Tour EP4: Lake Anna Striper (12/20/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Christmas Tour EP4: Lake Anna Striper (12/20/16)

The 4th and the last stop of my 2016 Christmas tour was Lake Anna, VA.

The wind has been strong for several days, and the cold weather kept me indoor when I could fish. Finally I was able to fish.

It was supposed to be a fun/pressure-free fishing. But in the 4th quarter, I really wanted catch a fish after two pedal repairs.
    I had an unusual day. I replaced the idler cable and one of the chains on the pedal (Hobie Mirage Drive) during the fishing. And I didn't catch many stripers as usual.

I launched from the state Park where I could catch bigger stripers @20-24”. I landed a striper @15” immediately. I couldn’t land two @21” and 23” in a row. When striper were biting, the idler cable on the pedal (Hobie Mirage Drive) broke. Luckily, I carry all replacement parts for the pedal. After replacing the broken idler cable, and after hours of no biting, one of the chains (on the pedal) broke. After replacing the broken chain, there was no bite at all for hours. I finally caught one striper @19” right before the sunset.

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-21-2016, 01:47 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg
Working...
X