Looking to upgraded maps for Lowrance elite -5 Chirp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to upgraded maps for Lowrance elite -5 Chirp

Looking for advise for upgrading charts on my Lowrance elite -5 Chirp.
    Was looking at the navionics + but would get some feed back from the fourm.
    Thanks,
    Ron

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Navionics + charts are good and I like the other info they provide like the tide and current info. You won't be able to upload your sonar logs to update the Sonar Chart info because Lowrance doesn't allow it, but other than that, I like them.
    2013 WS Ride 135
    2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

rwh,
      Thank you for the reply.
      Much appreciated!

Comment

I have the Elite 4X Chirp and a hotmaps chip. I didn't know that an upgrade was possible. Does the Navionics supplement or replace?
        gdm
        Gregory
        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
        2014 Pro Angler 12
        '

Comment

You can use the Navionics chip instead of the Hotmaps. When you have the Navionics chip in, you can switch between it and the stock maps & charts.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Elite/

Reliable Navigation that's easy to use - Highly accurate, built-in GPS antenna, plus a detailed U.S. background map, with optional charting upgrades to Navionics® Nav+ and HotMaps® Premium, Fishing Hotspots® PRO as well as Lake Insight and Nautic Insight PRO. Works with high-capacity micro SD cards.
          2013 WS Ride 135
          2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Plus you can go to Gofree.com and upload your log information on community edits. Right now I have both the Navionics + and the Nautic Insight V16 East HD. I'm using my Nautic insight more due to now having a 7ti which can uses 3d mapping and I can upload my sonar charts to Gofree.
            Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 12-27-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
              Plus you can go to Gofree.com and upload your log information on community edits. Right now I have both the Navionics + and the Nautic Insight V16 East HD. I'm using my Nautic insight more due to now having a 7ti which can uses 3d mapping and I can upload my sonar charts to Gofree.
              Excellent info, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronsangler14 View Post
                Excellent info, thank you!

It also lets you download community edits which will contain bathymeter information for areas you plan on visiting if there has been anything publicly recorded. If you set up a Gofree account its worth paying for the insight planner. Loading maps into it allows you to pre plan your trips setting up any routes or trails then loading them onto your card for use with your plotter. One of the cool features of my 7Ti is it has wireless connectivity so I can access and upload/ download maps, sonar etc. right from my unit to and from Gofree.

Comment

Ill sell you a Nav + for 50$
                  Zach Moore
                  Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                  Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                    Is it new,

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                      It also lets you download community edits which will contain bathymeter information for areas you plan on visiting if there has been anything publicly recorded. If you set up a Gofree account its worth paying for the insight planner. Loading maps into it allows you to pre plan your trips setting up any routes or trails then loading them onto your card for use with your plotter. One of the cool features of my 7Ti is it has wireless connectivity so I can access and upload/ download maps, sonar etc. right from my unit to and from Gofree.
                      Nice info Kitchen Sink.....

Comment

Interested in buying, Sent you pm.

Comment

Very interested, I sent you pm.

Comment

Here's the deal with the Navionics; If you buy it and want to keep it current you will need to spend $99.00 per year to access and use Freshest Data or aka daily updates. In your case buying from another user you would need to spend the $99.00 after your purchase if you want access. This allows you to download or upload current bathymeter information for the areas your interested in or areas you have recorded. However if you don't want to do that then you would need to rely on what you record on your SD card.

Comment

Working...
                            X