December 10 Meet and Greet - Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 10 Meet and Greet - Cancelled

I have been studying the wind forecasts for Sat morning for the past few days. I am uncomfortable in holding a group event at Jonas Green park with a good chance of strong winds, a wind direction that blows directly down the Severn River, and cold air temp. This photo was taken during the past year by Mark showing how the waves build quickly with a strong NW wind.

jonas green whitecaps.jpg

Air temp at 7:00 is supposed to be near freezing all morning. On a calm day that would be workable. But with wind and wind chill, it creates significant safety issues. With these factors in mind and after consulting with my co-hosts (Mark and John Rentch), I am cancelling the meet and greet at Jonas Green on Sat Dec 10.

Although the formal meet and greet is cancelled, there is nothing that would stop individuals from fishing on Sat morning from Jonas Green, Tucker St, or Truxtun Park. If you choose to do that, please be careful. That decision is solely the responsibility of each person.

We will still plan for a lunch at Red, Hot, and Blue for anyone interested. The lunch is moved from 1:00 to 12:00. Please reply here letting us know if you still want to attend the lunch or will drop out. Mark is making a lunch reservation and would like a head count.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Thanks John, sounds like a good decision. I'll discontinue plans to add ice skates under my kayak and operating it like a bobsled Saturday morning! I'll be at Red, Hot, and Blue at Noon. Gary
    Gary G

13' Hobie Revolution

Comment

John,

I'll be there, with my dad tagging along also so put me down for two for lunch at noon

Thx
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Great. We look forward to having you and your Dad there.
        John Veil
        Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          I have been studying the wind forecasts for Sat morning for the past few days. I am uncomfortable in holding a group event at Jonas Green park with a good chance of strong winds, a wind direction that blows directly down the Severn River, and cold air temp. This photo was taken during the past year by Mark showing how the waves build quickly with a strong NW wind.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20524[/ATTACH]

Air temp at 7:00 is supposed to be near freezing all morning. On a calm day that would be workable. But with wind and wind chill, it creates significant safety issues. With these factors in mind and after consulting with my co-hosts (Mark and John Rentch), I am cancelling the meet and greet at Jonas Green on Sat Dec 10.

Although the formal meet and greet is cancelled, there is nothing that would stop individuals from fishing on Sat morning from Jonas Green, Tucker St, or Truxtun Park. If you choose to do that, please be careful. That decision is solely the responsibility of each person.

We will still plan for a lunch at Red, Hot, and Blue for anyone interested. The lunch is moved from 1:00 to 12:00. Please reply here letting us know if you still want to attend the lunch or will drop out. Mark is making a lunch reservation and would like a head count.
          I plan to be there for lunch
          gdm
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

John, you made the call for the M & G this morning. Winds blowing 12-15 from NW, cold, and very low tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

The ranger at the park told me that one guy did launch at 7:30 wearing a Santa suit. Come On Fish has done a few Santa runs recently. I don't know if he was the one.
              John Veil
              Annapolis

Comment

I drove over the Severn/Weems yesterday and did notice that the tide seemed super low. As a devout lure-scavenger I was itching to stop at a few launches but my wife does not understand my needs we continued on our way.
                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                X