Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone fished the magothy or severn recently? (for rockfish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone fished the magothy or severn recently? (for rockfish)

Just wondering if anyone's got any recent rockfish reports for either of those 2 rivers. Will meet everyone for lunch on Saturday, but still haven't made up my mind where I would like to fish beforehand. I saw the report about the Patapsco (by ft Armistead), so that's promising as well. But both times I've been out there, I just feel like I really need to go with someone who knows the area, it's just too large for me to fish it effectively without any knowledge about the area. I lean towards the Severn or Magothy because I'm much more knowledgeable about those waters. thanks for the help everybody, see you all on Saturday.

Watch the winds on Saturday, could be high
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Yeah I may have to stick to trolling in the creeks and sheltered areas, and use my drift sock if I want to jig out in the mainstem of the rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
        Yeah I may have to stick to trolling in the creeks and sheltered areas, and use my drift sock if I want to jig out in the mainstem of the rivers.
        I trolled paddletails in Spa Creek this morning and had no bites. I also cast to some shorelines for pickerel and got no bites from that either.

If you are set on trolling, and feel confident with the cool and windy conditions, I don't think the Severn is a good choice at this time.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I think John (silasvirus) and I may try the Patapsco instead.

Comment

The next few mornings you'll have to watch out for the formation of skim ice back in the side creeks of the Magothy. It doesn't take many below freezing nights to form up enough skim ice to wreck your best laid plans.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
            X