January 14th Meet and Greet 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 14th Meet and Greet 2017

The January Meet and Greet 2017 is set to be held at Bass Pro Shop in Arundel, MD, at 12:00pm on Saturday January 14th. This year it will occur immediately after the discussions and demonstrations on fly tying, Dressing and/or redressing conventional lures, hosted by Harry (On The Fly) and Mark at Bass Pro in the same location in the store. More information on this can be found on this link:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...anuary-14-2017

The purpose of the January 14th Meet and Greet is to establish locations and hosts for all future Snaggedline Meet and Greets for 2017. It is also a way to get out and talk and mingle about fishing during the cold winter months and to possibly use the gift cards that you may have received for Christmas.

There have been many hosts over the past few years for the January Meet and Greet, some notables were John (SurfDog), myself (Moc), Mark, Rich, John Veil, and Harry (On The Fly). Thanks to Harry for stepping up and being the host for the January Meet and Greet 2017.

The Meet and Greet would go from 12 noon to 1 pm. Then everyone would meet at Dave and Buster's Pool Hall area for lunch unless another location is decided upon. Please state in this thread if you intend on coming to the Meeting at Bass Pro and to lunch. Once we get a list of Meet and Greet locations from Feb – Dec 2017, then they will be posted on Snaggedline for all to see.

Feel free to recommend any locations that would make for a good Meet and Greet. Please, only recommend places that you would be willing to be a host. Only locations with a host will be recognized by the end of the meeting. If you mention a Meet and Great location and you are not the willing to be the host, it will still be considered as long as we have a volunteer host by the end of the meeting.
    The Meet and Greet is a volunteer fishing get together with many kayakers getting together afterwards for a meal to discuss the day. Traditional Meet and Greets occur on the second Saturday of every month. On rare occasions the dates have changed due to bad weather. The host will determine if the date will change due to weather or cancelled it all together. The host usually selects a place that everyone can get together for lunch along with launch and weather information for the are. Remember to exercise good judgement when traveling to and fishing on the water at the Meet and Greet get together. Know your capability, and it is your responsibility to have your required and recommended safety equipment and fishing license.

Snaggedline is a public forum open to all. It charges no fees to users. Meet & Greet attendees do not pay fees to Snaggedline or to the hosts to participate in events organized on the forum. The voluntary nature of the forum and that fact that it is cost-free to users removes event liability from Snaggedline and from Meet & Greet hosts. Participants are reminded that they must always exercise the utmost caution during Meet & Greet outings and that they participate in these events at their own risk.
    The Meet and greet is a great time to meet other kayak anglers, and to see other kayaking boats and gear in action.

If you cannot attend the Meet and Greet for January, then feel free to post a Meet and Greet location that you would like to see or attend in this thread and we will add it to the vote on January 14th. So get posting!

Here are some links to previous Meet and Greet locations to give you an idea of locations:

M&G 2016 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...Greet+schedule
    M&G 2015 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=greet+2015
    M&G 2014 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=2014+meet\
    M&G 2013 http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...013+meet+greet

Please let me know if you plan on attending the M&G and or the seminar so I can plan appropriately.
    Thanks,
    Harry

As of now for seminar which will include dressing reg lures as well as fly tying and other things I have:
    Mark & myself

Harlan
    Big nose- to help
    J. Rentch
    Abu Mustafa
    Wasabi37
    Fishmoken
    Dhawk
    Dan Marino
    Nixon
    AIntMisBavin
    Whenican
    Last edited by On the fly; 12-23-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Hi ,Martin,I can not make the meeting because the same day is the MSSA expo and Valley mill kayaks will be there. As in past years I will host the upper Potomac trip in June . I just wanted you guys you know. Hope you have a good meeting and keep me posted. Everyone have happy and healthy holidays.
      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Harry I will host July M&G for Poplar Island.Will attend the M&G and try to make to seminar.

Coop1486
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
          Harry I will host July M&G for Poplar Island.Will attend the M&G and try to make to seminar.

Coop1486
          Thanks

Comment

Here is the list of potential areas that were recommended so far for a Meet and Greet. Please suggest any other areas you would like to see a group of kayakers fishing for 2017? The locations can run from Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. Just make sure that the areas that you recommend have enough parking for 10 kayakers or more. Some Meet and Greets have as few as 7 kayakers and as many as 40. Also, check if there is a size gathering restriction that would require paperwork and fees to apply like Jonas Green on the Severn River. this may rule out Jonas Green for large groups that approach the restriction size. Smaller group under 20 are fine. Other body of waters that some folks expressed interest in are: Patapsco River, South River, Nanticoke River, Point Lookout, Susquehanna River, and Beverly Triton.

Month Location Host
            January Bass Pro Shop 2018 Planning Meeting TBD
            June Upper Potomac Monocacykayak (Rich)
            July Lowes Wharf, Eastern Bay Coop1486 (Coop)
            September CBKA Tournament Cheasapeake Bay TBD
            November Ocean City MD for Tog Slobber Bob
            ? Beverly Triton ?
            ? Susquehanna ?
            * TBD means a host is needed
            Last edited by moc; 01-03-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Moc, I won't be attending the planning meeting, but will volunteer to tentatively host one in November in OC for tog. I won't be offended either if nobody is interested and would rather do a meet and greet elsewhere that month. Just throwing the invite out there.
              Brian
              Brian

Comment

Thanks Slobber Bob, your suggestion has been added. Remember everyone who wants to attend a Meet and Greet, you can suggest other locations for any months. Make your vote known here or at the January Meet and Greet host by Harry on the Fly at Bass Pro Shop in Maryland.

Comment

I like Slobber bob's idea of OC, I would really like to catch a tog in 2017, I've tried twice before without any luck. I wish I was more familiar with some spots so I could suggest or host 1. If I were to suggest one, it'd be near Buxton or Avon, NC (outer banks), though that's probably a little far. Though I know 3 guides, 1 of which I've personally fished with, that could probably take a big group of us out for a variety of species. It would depend on the season though, and of course travel, lodging, and all that might be a pain to deal with. But it would be pretty fun to maybe coordinate an unofficial M&G where we just took a long weekend down there to fish in a couple spots; inshore, marshes, maybe go to one of the artificial reefs about 3-5 miles offshore. Just a thought. I hopefully will make the Jan kickoff meeting.

Comment

Also does BassPro do any sort of specials since we are bringing a potentially large group of buyers their way on that day? Might be picking up a new reel around that time, or at least shopping for one.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                      Also does BassPro do any sort of specials since we are bringing a potentially large group of buyers their way on that day? Might be picking up a new reel around that time, or at least shopping for one.
                      Yes, the Tog trig in OC sounds interesting. As for discounts at Bass Pro, that should be a question that Harry on the Fly can answer since he is hosting this January's Meet and Greet.

Comment

reminder if you plan to attend m&g and/or the seminar please let me know so I can provide a large enough area.

As of this time there are no special discounts but they do support CBKA tournament and provide us a place to meet for Jan planning m&g .

Harry
                        Last edited by On the fly; 01-02-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I got a Bass Pro gift card from Santa.

That's my discount.
                          Mark
                          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

See you guys there!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA