Nice job! This bodes well for fishing at Rocky Gorge in the next few years
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Man, I am getting more and more bummed at my lack of bank success lately. I was happy to sang a stocker trout the other day.
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

You guys are making me jealous with those muskies. I have caught a few Pike lately but nothing big. I need to catch a Musky.pike2.jpg

Comment

I've read that pure strain muskies can be caught from shore at Dam 4 at the Potomac this time of year. Nobody wants to drive 3 hrs up there though... :|

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
            I've read that pure strain muskies can be caught from shore at Dam 4 at the Potomac this time of year. Nobody wants to drive 3 hrs up there though... :|
            Hah, I did it a few times this spring and summer, but I was up there to wade for smallmouth though. There is a hiker/biker hostel up around there that is like $25 for a bunk and a shower. It's a fun way to kill a weekend.
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Whole lot of work for a whole little fish. It's practically in my back yard and I don't even mess around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Zack
              Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
              Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
              "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Nice job! This bodes well for fishing at Rocky Gorge in the next few years
                You do any Crappie fishing there? If so, what have you have the best luck with?
                gdm
                Gregory
                ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                2014 Pro Angler 12
                '

Comment

My biggest crappie at Rocky Gorge came on a firetiger shad rap.

Comment

I think I've only caught crappies at Triadelphia. Mostly caught them on a fire tiger, jointed rapala floating minnow while trolling. Have also caught them on safety pin style spinners. At Triadelphia, I would often run into a school of crappies while trolling around. Once I found the school of fish, I would troll back and forth and usually catch 8-10 of them before the school moved. These fish were generally suspending in the middle of one of the branch arms of the reservoir and were not near any cover. Other times, I have caught crappies there near the tree top ends of fallen trees.

Comment

I've had good luck with crappie in the past catching them on 1/8 oz crankbaits while trolling over submerged grasses or near downed trees.
                      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
                      X