No announcement yet.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know BPS is dog-friendly, but want to double check about their "meeting rooms" ? I'll probably be bringing both my 4mo. shepard/lab nugget & BPS gift-card received at Christmas.

Thx,
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I'll be there. I'm going to pick up some tool etc to start out.
      Going to try tying some hairs to single hooks on my hard baits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
        I'll be there. I'm going to pick up some tool etc to start out.
        Going to try tying some hairs to single hooks on my hard baits.

Talk to me before purchasing anythiny on sat. I will be there at 9

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
          Talk to me before purchasing anythiny on sat. I will be there at 9

Harry
          Will do

Comment

Harry - I plan to attend your fly fishing seminar on Sat.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
              Harry - I plan to attend your fly fishing seminar on Sat.
              Always glad to see you! Hope you had a good holiday!
              Harry

Comment

This is a very cool thing! I am glad to see you guys doing that. One of my favorite things is to get people into fly fishing. It is so cool when they start and say "this isn't as hard as I thought it was!" Really, the basics aren't too bad.

The most rewarding trip that I ever did was when I guided a group during a shad run and put a guy on his first fish on the fly rod. It was an awesome American Shad that put up a great fight. That was a crazy trip because it was on the Rappahannock River before the Embry dam was removed. We had scouted the area really well a few days before the trip and you could feel the fly bouncing off the backs of the Hickory Shad because they were so thick. During the trip the river was rapidly rising because it had rained the day before. I knew exactly where a sandbar was and I set up the guys fishing on that bar. We destroyed the shad despite the rising water. It was a very cool trip and I was glad to be part of it.

Good luck with your presentation! I hope it goes well and I hope that you guys get some new people into the sport.

Comment

I'm planning on attending Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I may have missed the post, but will this be in the fly shop area?

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTech View Post
                    I'm planning on attending Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I may have missed the post, but will this be in the fly shop area?
                    The seminar will be in front of fly shop but meeting will be in admin offices as last year.

Comment

Do I need to bring anything with me?

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                        Do I need to bring anything with me?
                        Pm sent

Comment

Looking at the weather forecast for Saturdayo we have any contingency plans?

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                            Looking at the weather forecast for Saturdayo we have any contingency plans?
                            None, we will do everything inside as far as Fly fishing discussions, tying, redressing/dressing conventional hard baits, and the meeting. No fly casting at this point if the weather forecast remains as predicated but can do some limited instruction inside as well as answer questions on this subject. I do not have an alternative date and I am unavailable for any other event until sometime in Feb. If the meeting does not take place we can try to do an online schedule for the M&G's for 2017 as I have 5 offers already.

Harry

Comment

Harry,
                              I worked til v late & w/ the doomsday ice forecast, I am going to sleep in this morn so I wont be
                              There for the fly session nor m&g unless the forecast changes & it's all rain. My car doesnt have ice skates.

Comment

With the possibility of weather I'm going to have to bail on the event.

Comment

Working...
                                X