Kayak fishing book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak fishing book?

Can someone give me the link to the book that the guy on here wrote? I bought it a while back and now the title is not coming to me. I want to get my brother in law a copy. He just bought a slayer and plans on fishing the flats in the spring. Thanks.
    Last edited by Backdoc; 11-30-2016, 03:14 PM.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

There's a few guys who have published books on here but I hear John Veil's is quite a popular one. https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Comfo.../dp/1530152429

Comment

Also Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake bay by Alan Battista AKA Yakfish:
      https://www.amazon.com/Light-Tackle-.../dp/1499522304
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
        There's a few guys who have published books on here but I hear John Veil's is quite a popular one. https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Comfo.../dp/1530152429
        I will likely order this one for myself but the one I am talking about focuses on the flats. Had good maps and great technique info.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          Also Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake bay by Alan Battista AKA Yakfish:
          https://www.amazon.com/Light-Tackle-.../dp/1499522304
          Bingo!! That is it. Thank you Ryan.

Comment

In addition to the two authors and books mentioned above, Mark Bange (Mark on Snaggedline) published a book last summer called The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat). It is available on Amazon too.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If you want to get a copy of my book, you can find it at Anglers, Marty's, Clyde's, or Tochterman's tackle shops. It is also available at Delaware Paddlesports and Patuxent Adventure Center kayak shops. It is available from Amazon and Kindle too.

If you would like a personally signed copy, I plan to have two tables at the Jan 21 HOW fishing flea market at the Lake Shore Volunteer Fire Dept. I will be selling books there.
              John Veil
              Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John. I dont think I will make the HOW fishing flea market so I am going to order it online. Is there any seller that you benefit more from?

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
                  Thanks John. I dont think I will make the HOW fishing flea market so I am going to order it online. Is there any seller that you benefit more from?
                  Not really. Amazon is easy. If you have to pay shipping and handling for them, let me know. You could buy directly from me and I can mail it to you at the Amazon price.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Comment

Thank you John. I am an Amazon Prime guy so Amazon it is. Thanks again.

Comment

Shameless self promotion:

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Joys-K...rds=Mark+Bange

I've been told it's a good read.

Perfect as a stocking stuffer.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I have learned a lot about kayak fishing and fishing in general from Mark. This book is a great read with a lot of useful information I highly recommend it.
                        Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
                          Bingo!! That is it. Thank you Ryan.
                          I just picked up a copy as a gift as well. If you buy direct from Alan he will sign it.

Comment

pm sent
                            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

All three, Alan Mark and John have written books about the same subject from an entirely different perspective. Each is a must-read and a treasure of information!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Harlan

Revo 13
                              Trident 13
                              Cuda 14
                              Necky Tandem

Comment

Working...
                              X