Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you taking a break? When do you make toys? (Rudee Specks and Santa - 11/28/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you taking a break? When do you make toys? (Rudee Specks and Santa - 11/28/16)

When I waved to a little boy and his mom standing on the deck of the aqurium, the boy yell "Why are you taking a break?" I didn't understand what the boy meant. The boy asked me "When do you make toys?" That time I was close enough to him to see his face. He was very concerned that I was goofing off - Santa was fishing not making toys. His mom told me that he wanted a Tonka truck. So, I told him that I already made hisTonka truck and I am going back to North Pole soon to wrap his truck.

I and Frosty started 2016 Santa kayak fishing tour. The first stop was Rudee Inlet, VA yesterday. I thought yesterday (Nov 28) was the last day I could possibly catch specks and puppy drum. I figured that I can catch other species, such as tog, striper, LM, crapie, white perch, yellow perch and chained pickerel later before Christmas.

The water temp was 52 F which was higher than I thought. But the bites were scarce as expected. I managed to catch 5 specks at 12", 13", 15", and two 18". Also caught 1 17" puppy drum and a 16" striper.

Fishing log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-29-2016, 09:19 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice specks, and thanks for the report. Is Santa angler going to bring good cheer to CHSP and the togs this weekend?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Nice specks, and thanks for the report. Is Santa angler going to bring good cheer to CHSP and the togs this weekend?
      Let's see...
      it looks It will be windy on Sat (Dec 3). Sunday will be better - mild wind.

CHSP - - I prefer fishing 6 hours during low tide (mid - low - mid). According to the tide chart, anglers will fish during mid-high-mid tide.

CHSP Dec 3 (Sat)
      Low tide: 4 AM
      High tide: 11 AM
      Low Tide: 5 PM

CHSP Dec 4 (sun)
      Low tide: 5 AM
      High tide: 12 AM
      Low Tide: 6 PM

CBBT -- I think I will plan to be at my few specific target pilings 1 hour before the slack tides and fish for 2 hours. Though the incoming tide changes to outgoing tide (my favorite fishing time at CBBT) at 2 PM and 3 PM. I need to stop fishing at 3:45PM and be back by 5 PM - It will be dark by 5 PM. I probably fish CBBT over CHSP.

CBBT Dec 3 (Sat)
      Slack (outgoing changes to incoming) 7 AM
      Slack (incoming changes to Outgoing 2 PM

CBBT Dec 4 (Sun)
      Slack (outgoing changes to incoming) 8 AM
      Slack (incoming changes to Outgoing 3 PM

But I can't fish this weekend due to the work. I am planning to fish CBBT tomorrow, Friday.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Maybe you'll see this elf help you bring good cheer to CBBT tomorrow, but I don't think jerking a hook up it's mouth will bring good cheer to togs.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X