New Manta Ray Propel Angler 12 kayak shipping to dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Manta Ray Propel Angler 12 kayak shipping to dealers

Last summer Native Watercraft introduced several new pedal-drive models. The Manta Ray Propel Angler 12 is now under production and is shipping to dealers. The Manta Ray hull design is one of Native's long-standing paddle-powered models. I have owned two Manta Ray 14s and currently own a Manta Ray 11. I have also used the Manta Ray 12. The Propel version of the Manta Ray keeps the pointed bow and stern and adds the raised seating and Propel drive (forward and reverse capabilities). The retail price on this kayak ($1999) makes this boat the lowest priced pedal-drive model Native sells. If you are looking at a lower-cost pedal drive kayak that is roomy and fast, take a look at this new model.

The Manta Ray Propel Angler 12 is 12'2" long, 33" wide, and has a hull weight of about 70 lbs. This is intermediate between the Slayer 10 Propel and the Slayer 13 Propel. It is similar in weight to the Hobie Revo 13 but is far lighter than the Pro Anglers or the Outback.

Here is a description from the Native website http://nativewatercraft.com/product/...pel-angler-12/

Designed to be a quiet ride, the Manta Ray Propel Angler 12 fishing kayak is a pedal-driven cruiser. Features include: a sharp bow and stern that enhances glide, adjustable First Class Seat for comfort on the water, sealed bow storage for all your safety gear, padded grab handles for portability, beverage holders, two flush mounted rod holders located behind the seat and one staging rod holder for convenient rigging, easy-to-reach groove tracks for accessory mounting, transducer mounting cavity and plate under the hull, plus Native Watercraft’s highly acclaimed and revolutionary Propel Drive System, all for an affordable price! This fishing craft is designed for all-around use; paddlers of all skill levels will enjoy taking it out to explore rivers, lakes, and bays.

FEATURE LIST

Propel Pedal Drive System with FORWARD AND REVERSE

Hand Sewn 1st Class Seating with Adjustable Inseam

Left Hand Rudder Control System

Impact Resistant Stern Rudder

Sealed Bow Hatch

Right Hand Forward Facing Rod Holder/Cup Holder

Two Flush Mount Rod Holders Aft

Groove Tracks for Accessory Mounting

Space to stand on deck

Propel Drive Trunk Cover with Accessory Tray and Cup Holder

5″ Dry Storage Hatch

Padded Carry Handles

Rear Storage Well

Super Seal Scupper Plugs

Drain Plug

HULL DESIGN FEATURES

Sharp Bow and Stern Entry for Tracking

Recess for Easy Transducer Mounting

Rudder Protective Keel for Tracking
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"
Working...
X