Thanksgiving on Flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving on Flats

Launched out of Tydings park AM Thanksgiving morning to fish the outgoing tide. There were tons of Duck hunters out towards Elkneck so I stayed more towards the Harford County side, especially with the amount of shooting going on (the guys I talked to pulling their boat at the ramp got 10 Ducks between the 2 of them)

Within a minute of deploying my lines for trolling I had a knock down and got an undersized fish then a few more, and even my first double when trolling. The fish were all smaller and the bite died down so I started trolling my way out towards the bay, had a couple hits including a nice fat 17" fish.

Then I spotted a birds working a huge area so I headed over and after a few undersized fish I caught the biggest one of the day a nice fat 19+" inch fish that I was sure was bigger especially the way it was pulling drag. I tried to get some on top water but they were very tentative on hitting a popper, I even had one fish lightly strike at it 4 times before I was able to hook then lost the fish after the first head shake. Worked the area for a bit catching until the birds started going further out so I headed in. All fish were caught on paddle tails in less then 8 feet of water. Sorry for the blurry pic still getting used to this new phone.

IMG_20161124_095140.jpg
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Congrats on all of the action that the majority of us weren't able to replicate. Keepers or not, sounds like a fun day on the water.

Comment

Working...
    X