Patapsco 11/25 - More of the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco 11/25 - More of the same

Launched into Stoney Creek on the Patapsco this afternoon. High tide was at 4:15, and I got out at around 1, so I was hoping to have some better luck on the incoming than I did last Saturday. Water was 46-48 degrees, overcast skies and nice still air.

3.5 hours of trolling and not a single bite. Oof!

I was trolling the old trusty XRap, which always seems to catch at least something, and a small umbrella-ish rig (you guys have seen Captain John at the fishing expos around town, right? The ones he sells.) with a white bucktail and white twisty tail. Switched to a blue windcheater for a bit. Nothing hitting anything though.

I was in deeper water than last week, trolling in and around the channel. Anywhere from about 8 to 25-30 in some spots, but most of the channel is about 13-15. Nothing on the finder, nothing on the rods. I had a jig and BKD tied on one rod ready to try to jig if I ever did find anything on the finder. One of these days I'll actually catch a fish on a jig...

I had a good day in the same spot last December. Maybe the water isnt quite cold enough for them to hang out in that spot yet. I don't know.

I dunno where they went, but I can't find 'em! Hoping to see some better reports from you guys this weekend (though it unfortunately looks like the wind will keep most of us out of all but the most protected water).
    2018 Hobie Compass

I wonder if there's any action in the South River? I found a new launch site relatively close to my house that I want to try today.

gdm
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

Working...
    X