Mid Severn River report 11/23/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Severn River report 11/23/16

I've been planning to fish on Wednesday ever since the crazy winds kicked up and forced me to stay land locked. Thank goodness the winds died as predicted cause I was going through withdraw.

Another Snaggedline member Manlystanley and I launch at 6:30am into the mid Severn. Very low tide, probably 3-4ft below normal and the tide had not even finished going out. We get out to the main river and and start trolling. About 2 miles into our paddle I notice something looking different on the bow of my board. I touch it with my paddle and sure enough there was ice built up from the water spraying over my bow.

We trolled for another 2 miles then we stopped to take a break. Neither of us had caught anything, not even a knock down. We talked for a while and decided to head for home.

All in all, it was beautiful morning and was happy just to get back out there. It was great to meet another Snaggedline member and enjoyed his company. Hopefully this isn't the end of the striper season in the river.

I launched from tucker st mid afternoon and marked tons of fish in some deep holes but they were just not biting. Got lucky before dusk, managed one keeper and one dink. Going to try again Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zach
    Annapolis, MD
    Rudow's FishTalk Magazine
    Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5
    Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13
    Old Town Topwater PDL 106
    Native Watercraft Redfish 10

Comment

Originally posted by zditmars View Post
      I launched from tucker st mid afternoon and marked tons of fish in some deep holes but they were just not biting. Got lucky before dusk, managed one keeper and one dink. Going to try again Saturday

That's great to hear! Did you stay in Weems or did you venture out into the river?

Comment

Mid Severn River report 11/23/16

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
        That's great to hear! Did you stay in Weems or did you venture out into the river?
        Nope I paddled out to the river. If you look at some charts you'll see some deep water near both bridges. I usually have decent luck in those areas this time of year. I use 1-1.5oz buck tails to get down deep. If you head up the creeks you should find some pickerel. Someone posted a pickerel video from weems last weekend

Last edited by zditmars; 11-24-2016, 10:20 PM.
        Zach
        Annapolis, MD
        Rudow's FishTalk Magazine
        Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5
        Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13
        Old Town Topwater PDL 106
        Native Watercraft Redfish 10

Comment

Awesome! I think I may try launching out of Jonas tomorrow morning then. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X