No announcement yet.

Anybody want to fish Saturday morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to fish Saturday morning?

Looking to fish Saturday morning, perhaps out of Ft. Armistead, but I'm open to suggestions. I would like some company, as I never prefer to fish alone, and with the water being much colder lately, it's just safer. Anybody want to join me? Or if you're already planning to go out, could I join you? I don't mind traveling a little bit, though I wouldn't want to go much farther south than Beverly triton, if possible.

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
    I don't mind traveling a little bit, though I wouldn't want to go much farther south than Beverly triton, if possible.
    How about north? Hate to spotburn, but it's a big coast State, Jersey's on fire.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Saturday at Ft Armistead looks good. Low tide looks to be about 10:30. Don't have to get there until about 9:30 to catch the incoming.
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Ah I wish I had the time/gas money to travel up to NJ, but with my luck, I would pick a bad spot or the typical "you should've been here yesterday!" location. Daddyg, does that mean you will be joining me? Or were you just saying that ft armisteads not a bad choice?

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
          Ah I wish I had the time/gas money to travel up to NJ, but with my luck, I would pick a bad spot or the typical "you should've been here yesterday!" location. Daddyg, does that mean you will be joining me? Or were you just saying that ft armisteads not a bad choice?
          I'm pretty sure I can make it.
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Awesome. Well I'm hoping to get to the launch sometime around sunrise. If you get there later than me, just hail me on channel 68, and my name is pat by the way. If you dont have a vhf, then I can pm you my phone number, since I keep that on me as well in a waterproof sleeve.

Comment

Did you make it out today and if so any luck?

Comment

Did make it out today but no fish. Only was out for 2 hours before the wind really picked up and made things a little scary. Trolling became too tiring so I switched to jigging. But my fishfinder started out fine then crapped out again so I couldn't see if fish were even around. So I tried in vane for a bit before the wind really made me give up. So no fish, and some equipment failure. But I wasn't hurt, and that's the main thing on a cold day like today.

Comment

Dang, sorry to hear. Glad you made it in safe.

It looks like the wind is going to rear its ugly head again this coming week. I'm going to try to get out at least one more time before I hang it up for the season. Hopefully mother nature will let me.
                  Last edited by supfisher01; 11-26-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah the fall/winter certainly have the potential for big fish, but with lots of wind and unpredictable weather mixed in it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                      How about north? Hate to spotburn, but it's a big coast State, Jersey's on fire.
                      Not to salt the wounds, but Jersey was this ridonkulus last week. Not my vid, but I was in that blitz. Although, now that I think of it, Saturday was a skunk fest for me, I was in the wrong beach
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXq4vEWsms
                      Jay

10' Green Slayer
                      13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
                      X