Pasadena Folks - Heads up Thief on the loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasadena Folks - Heads up Thief on the loose

I know of bunch of you folks yak on the Patapsaco so I assume some of you in the area. I know this is not yak related, but you never know what passing this stuff around will help or not. They did not try to steal my yak that was chained up on the porch. That would have REALLY pissed me off.

Not that big of a deal in light of the weekend activities... thoughts and prayers for the folks dealing with tragedy from the weather. However,I thought I would pass this along as a heads up. It seems like every couple of months I read a post about someone getting their boat vandalized. Each time I think that won't happen to me. My boat is safe........well some son-of-a-bitch with wire cutters took off with both of my batteries.

The boat is kept in my carport 10ft from the backdoor in Pasadena. Went to lift my motor on Saturday and nothing. My dad passed in 2012, but I have all his stuff. The greatest generation sure could fix stuff, and collected the tools. Thanks to Dad's supply I was able to splice in new connectors to a back up battery, and we pulled one form a vehicle. We didn't tear it up on Sat., but we took home 3 nice keepers for dinner.

I reported it, looked on Craig's list, but I doubt I will ever see anything happen. I guess I will just carry and install my batteries each time I head out. Major inconvenience, but too many shitheads out there. Thanks, Dave

FYI - Thanks Dad for passing along your stuff so we only lost 30 mins and were out right after sun-up.

You won't find those batteries on Craigslist, they take them to the scrap yards and get $10-15 each depending on size. The scrap yards do take pictures of them (at least mine down here does) when they are turned in, kind of like a pawn shop. You've got to wonder what they think when the same person comes in week after week with batteries to scrap, but these are the same places that take fresh copper wire still on the spools. I'd call the police, describe the batteries, and hope for the best on catching the guy. Scratch your name on your batteries to help with ID if it happens again.

Sorry it happened to you.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I have lived in Pasadena now for almost two years and so far so good. I do keep a lock on everything hoping to eliminate temptation. Stealing somebody's batteries though, that's low. Hopefully karma catches up with the culprits.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

A neighbor had his batteries taken right out of his drive way and last december they cut the lock and stole my kayak right out of my yard
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Bummer. So sorry about that.
          Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

That's really unfortunate.

Cross my fingers, no theft problems for me here in "The Dena".

I even left a perfectly good Sears power washer in my driveway with a sign saying "free" on it. It was still there in morning. I guess thieves aren't interested in things that may lead to honest labor. I subsequently found a home for it.

We did have rogue groundhog stealing lawn ornaments. Seriously. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
            X