No announcement yet.

CBBT (Puppy Drums) Fri & Sat 18-19 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing the video, I think I will stick with my Tundra. My back isn't strong enough to lift an Outback. I want to lift a half of the kayak, not the whole kayak.
    One more pulling my back will be the end of the fishing.

I also have a Tufnikvator II for my SUV in case the truck is in the shop. The new model comes with 4 suction cups not 2 suction cups.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-21-2016, 07:51 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
      After seeing the video, I think I will stick with my Tundra. My back isn't strong enough to lift an Outback. I want to lift a half of the kayak, not the whole kayak.
      One more pulling my back will be the end of the fishing.

I also have a Tufnikvator II for my SUV in case the truck is in the shop. The new model comes with 4 suction cups not 2 suction cups.

Joe
      I had the same thought. I don't want to lift the entire 80+ pound yak, but with the hullevator, at least you lift it only about a foot or so above ground.

The tufnikvator is me. I do the lifting, not the yak loader (which guides the yak onto the cartop). Like you said, Joe, my yak loader has two cups.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

You can either lift the whole kayak a couple of feet off the ground, or put one side up at a time on the saddles. They are constructed really well and will hold the weight. They also have lift struts like on the trunk of a minivan which lift the kayak with you as you get the mechanism on the roof. Takes off about 75% of the weight.
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
        X