Smith's Marina on the Severn 11/16/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith's Marina on the Severn 11/16/16

I will be launching out of Smith's Marina at around 6:30am tomorrow morning if anyone would like to join. There is a launch fee of $10 per vehicle which is a small price to pay to be right on top of the fish. The bite has been on fire and have caught some pickerel in this area as well. I'll be on channel 68 if I'm already out there.
    Last edited by supfisher01; 11-15-2016, 05:28 PM.

Are you sure the cost is just $10? When I asked before they told me they would charge the full ramp fee of $20 -- even for a kayak.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Positive. I've launched out of there 3 times in the past 3 weeks and that's been the charge.

Comment

That is good to hear.

I used to live in the neighborhood right above Round Bay. Back then fishing wasn't even on my radar. Such a wasted opportunity.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          Are you sure the cost is just $10? When I asked before they told me they would charge the full ramp fee of $20 -- even for a kayak.
          I will definitely talk to the girls in the office about that. Maybe there was some miscommunication there.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
            That is good to hear.

I used to live in the neighborhood right above Round Bay. Back then fishing wasn't even on my radar. Such a wasted opportunity.
            Yes, and very convenient for trying to get to the middle portion of the river. They will be closing the ramp soon due to lack of parking after they block all of the boats on the lot for the winter but, for now, we are a go.

Comment

Any idea how much longer they will be open?
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                I just spoke with Smith's Marina's office and you were right about the price being the full $20 per person.

Since the beginning of the year they've changed their policy a couple of times. First it was changed from $20 per person to $10 per person. Then it was changed again from $10 per person to $10 per vehicle (no matter how many yaks or boards you could pack into the vehicle). So, all in all the price now is $10 per vehicle.

As for the when they will shut down the ramp for the winter, they told me it will be decided once their parking lot is too full to accommodate extra parking for launchers. She said to be ready for it be closed right after Thanksgiving but call to see if there is room for parking before shooting it down.

Comment

Working...
                X