Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
    Thanks for that lead. The boss shut me down for now. I have 3 sets of waders for trout fishing so she doesn't think I need a "drysuit' right now with the house needing decorating and all... I suppose I will put them on my wishlist for now!

gdm
    Convince her you need a dry top for $100 Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in Edgewater and may start fishing in the Triadelphia area. Besides Angler's on 50 where else can I buy minnows?
      gdm
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

I'm in Edgewater and may start fishing in the Triadelphia area. Besides Angler's on 50 where else can I buy minnows?
        gdm
        There used to be a bait shop in glen burnie on 648

Comment

gdm
          I was out to dinner around there tonight and I swear I saw a sign for a new tackle shop right down the street from Marty's, near the Royal Farms on Mayo road. It was something about "Crabbing supplies and Tackle". No one else in the car was excited enough to turn around so I could get a better look, but I will drive by tomorrow after work and report back.
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
            I was out to dinner around there tonight and I swear I saw a sign for a new tackle shop right down the street from Marty's, near the Royal Farms on Mayo road. It was something about "Crabbing supplies and Tackle". No one else in the car was excited enough to turn around so I could get a better look, but I will drive by tomorrow after work and report back.
            That's "Bay Country Crabbing Supplies and Fishing Tackle", he used to do business out of his house right down the street from where I live in Crownsville. He finally bit the bullet and opened his first storefront. Good guy and will always help you out to the best of his ability. I'm sure Marty's is having a fit about it though.

Comment

Headed out to Texas today but I'll take a look on my way to BWI. I guess he'll be selling bunker then as crab season comes back? I'll try and google bait shops in glen burnie. I've been a pretty loyal Marty's customer since moving here.

Just another day in the sun...
              Gregory
              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
              2014 Pro Angler 12
              '

Comment

Clyde's Sport Shop in Halethorpe should still have live minnows, although that might be a little out of the way for you.
                Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
                  That's "Bay Country Crabbing Supplies and Fishing Tackle", he used to do business out of his house right down the street from where I live in Crownsville. He finally bit the bullet and opened his first storefront. Good guy and will always help you out to the best of his ability. I'm sure Marty's is having a fit about it though.
                  Yep, I stopped by this evening and the guy behind the counter said they will carry minnows throughout the winter. Their inventory seems almost exclusively crabbing and heavy trolling lures, so hopely they and Marty's can co-exist.

As an aside, there is a new bass-focused shop that opened up in Cockysville called Anglers Express. It is a bit of a drive, but they have a small but excellently curated selection of bass tackle and gear. It's a long haul up from the Annapolis area, but they are very close to both Loch Raven and Andy Nelsons BBQ, so it makes a nice little day trip once spring arrives and one has enough light to fish past rush hour.
                  Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                  Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                    Convince her you need a dry top for $100 Bob

Just purchased the Stohlquist Amp dry suit for $480. Two day shipping should see me on the river just as the snow hits!

Just another day in the sun...
                    Gregory
                    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                    2014 Pro Angler 12
                    '

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                      Yep, I stopped by this evening and the guy behind the counter said they will carry minnows throughout the winter. Their inventory seems almost exclusively crabbing and heavy trolling lures, so hopely they and Marty's can co-exist.

As an aside, there is a new bass-focused shop that opened up in Cockysville called Anglers Express. It is a bit of a drive, but they have a small but excellently curated selection of bass tackle and gear. It's a long haul up from the Annapolis area, but they are very close to both Loch Raven and Andy Nelsons BBQ, so it makes a nice little day trip once spring arrives and one has enough light to fish past rush hour.
                      Angler's express is a very nice shop, their striper section is expanding quickly, and I gave them some inputs into what they should carry as well.

Comment

The weather hasn't been the best so I've been using the time to drive around and find bait shops and launch locations. Once my dry suit arrives I will probably venture out into the Patuxent, South and Severn rivers. I'll be looking for freshwater species and hopefully I can stay tucked away is some quiet waters. Nice meeting you at the M&G by the way!
                        GDM
                        Gregory
                        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                        2014 Pro Angler 12
                        '

Comment

About to turn my attention to Blue Cats in the river. Suggestions for good kayak accessible spots are appreciated.
                          gdm
                          Gregory
                          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                          2014 Pro Angler 12
                          '

Comment

Marshall Hall- period
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

About to turn my attention to Blue Cats in the river. Suggestions for good kayak accessible spots are appreciated.
                              gdm
                              Like ron said, Marshall Hall. Let me know if you're going out there soon, it's a very far drive for me, especially to fish solo, but I would be willing to make the trip if I knew I was meeting up with somebody there. I've only fished there from a kayak once, but it's a good spot.

Comment

Yep- probably my next fishing trip will be there- this time of year there are some of the really big ones hanging out on the ledges of the drop offs- secret is to anchor up in reasonably shallow water and fish the edge of the deep holes with the current-and have a float on your anchor line so you can unclip and chase when you hook up a big fish- fish finder rig with circle hook- let them hook themselves...I leave the rod in the holder until it is taking drag...
                                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                                X