No announcement yet.

Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Saturday's wind forecast- afternoon weather is supposed to change a lot
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yep! Not looking like the weather is gonna cooperate this weekend at all!
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Check Saturday's wind forecast- afternoon weather is supposed to change a lot
        Tomorrow morning looks like the best bet. I know I'd be out if is weren't for having to work.

Comment

It was pretty, but no fish, at least until 9:30ish
          Jay

10' Green Slayer
          13’ Red Slayer

Comment

So I am trying to find out where everyone will be fishing this holiday weekend if the weather cooperates... I think I am going to try out around the bridge for my first time

gdm
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

Got sick with something Daughter brought home- passed around to the family...maybe the flu- nothing is going to happen fishing until I get over this stuff ...good luck to you if you go...been a windy few weeks of fall...

Comment

Got sick with something Daughter brought home- passed around to the family...maybe the flu- nothing is going to happen fishing until I get over this stuff ...good luck to you if you go...been a windy few weeks of fall...
                Sorry to hear you got the bug. Thursday is looking pretty good right now. 50 degrees and light wind. Think I will head out just about sunrise. You ever fish around the Annapolis bridge over the Severn? I don't ever see a lot of boats near the pylons, but it seems like it would be a good place to fish.

gdm
                Gregory
                ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                2014 Pro Angler 12
                '

Comment

So now that some Fall/Winter weather is moving in where is everybody fishing? Open water, hitting the deep channels or headed to the calmer waters of the rivers? My first Winter here in Maryland so I'm looking for the wisdom of some old yak anglers to steer me away from any unnecessary hardship. By the way, anyone know where I can pick up a good quality but fairly inexpensive drysuit?

gdm
                  Gregory
                  ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                  2014 Pro Angler 12
                  '

Comment

Inexpensive and drysuit cannot be used in the same phraseology...this time of year is transitional...fish can still be in fairly shallow waters depending on the temps...hard to go wrong with following the birds, though...some of us fish all winter long- good long John's and good breathable stocking foot waders with dry top works for me...
                    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 11-30-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Inexpensive and drysuit cannot be used in the same phraseology...this time of year is transitional...fish can still be in fairly shallow waters depending on the temps...hard to go wrong with following the birds, though...
                      LOL! Driving a kayak is almost as expensive as driving a Harley! I'm assuming that a drysuit is necessary this time of year. I just want to be safe out there, although my wife would argue that I'm trying to be fashionable. In Michigan I fished all year long. I can do cold or wet but prefer not to take them both on at the same time. Hope I can get in a few more really good days...

gdm
                      Gregory
                      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                      2014 Pro Angler 12
                      '

Comment

As far as "cheap" drysuits go, I would definitely research reviews and all that, as there are a few 2-300$ suits with 1 year warranties on ebay and amazon which may or may not be OK (probably not). The lowest I would go would be something from mythic drysuits, since they seem to be OK, and have been around for a few years now. I saw a few kokatat suits on ebay for 2-300$ less than brand new, some with 1 year warranties, others that were blemished returns with "full" warranties, so make sure you research and contact the seller to make sure. I went with this http://www.paddleva.com/shop/all/APP...suit-tangerine it's the kokatat 3L angler paddling suit, it has the lifetime warranty, is made in the U.S., and from this site, is about $100 cheaper than most other places. Check around that site (paddleva), kayakacademy, and others to find used or deeply discounted drysuits, and always research what warranty comes with them. Still not cheap by any means, but I was OK with spending that sort of money for something guaranteed for life. Also, I know a friend of mine (silasvirus) who has the stohlquist EZ and likes it a lot, it's about the same price I believe.

Comment

I got the Kokatat 3L at Clavey Paddlesports, also pretty cheap. They have good sales occasionally.

Comment

There are a lot of inexpensive waders out there, you just give up breathability. I did a little test at the end of the summer with my nicer waders and with the belt cinched tight almost no water made it past while sitting in a creek for maybe 5 min. I bought a semi dry top to go with it but have yet to test it with full submersion. The lack of a relief zipper killed my excitement over the waders/dry top combo however.
                            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Morgantown Craigslist I saw Stohlquist Drysuits for $375 today, pretty sure they can be shipped so you may look at them.
                              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                                Morgantown Craigslist I saw Stohlquist Drysuits for $375 today, pretty sure they can be shipped so you may look at them.
                                Thanks for that lead. The boss shut me down for now. I have 3 sets of waders for trout fishing so she doesn't think I need a "drysuit' right now with the house needing decorating and all... I suppose I will put them on my wishlist for now!

gdm
                                Gregory
                                ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                                2014 Pro Angler 12
                                '

Comment

Working...
                                X