Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly-Triton Beach

Went out early Saturday morning. Weather was cold but the sunrise was amazing and I was happy to have on the waders. It was low tide and the bite wasn't there as the wind picked up so I came back in. After a day in town with the family, I returned to the beach at 3pm (high tide) and headed south just east of the breakers. I saw a few boats just sitting in the middle of a swarm of birds near Beverly Beach so I started their way trolling 2 swim baits. I heard the first rod get a bite and as I was reeling in that 18" the second rod's drag started clicking with a 20" incher on the line. I caught another 6-8 strippers that I couldn't keep but they kept me busy catching them. It was a good problem to have. I started losing light so I headed back to Triton Beach. My rod on the left side was nearly yanked out of the holder on the way in (thank God for tethers!). I ended up with a 28" stripper that became dinner for the family. First time living in Maryland and fishing saltwater. I think I'm going to like it here!
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Welcome to the neighborhood. Congrats on a nice dinner!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Starting out in your new fishing grounds strong! Welcome to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

That's the way to do it! Welcome and congratulations!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thanks to all the well wishers! I'm looking for some new places to go where I don't have to try to beat the sun back in to the ramp. Any suggestions or invitations are welcome
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

What a way to kick start your residency. Congrats and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
              Thanks to all the well wishers! I'm looking for some new places to go where I don't have to try to beat the sun back in to the ramp. Any suggestions or invitations are welcome
              I think Fort armistead on the patapsco is 24 hr.
              Jonas green on the Severn is 24 hour park too, but the bottom parking lot is supposed to be to sunset. I park up top of I know I will be out until dark

Comment

That's a good read!!
                Harlan

Revo 13
                Trident 13
                Cuda 14
                Necky Tandem

Comment

Sandy Pt SP, Goodhands Ck, Mattapeake, are all 24 hours
                  Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
                  Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                  Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                    Jonas green on the Severn is 24 hour park too, but the bottom parking lot is supposed to be to sunset. I park up top of I know I will be out until dark

Thanks for the info. Anything across the bridge is a pretty good drive for me but I imagine the fishing is better. Jonas green looks like a good spot too. Planning my weekend now!

gdm
                    Gregory
                    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                    2014 Pro Angler 12
                    '

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post

Ft. Armistead is Sunrise-Sunset, however there is no "gate" and there are people there 24 hours per day. I've fished the bulkhead deep into the night. Have not yet seen DNR actively patrolling, however I was told as long as you are not belligerent or partaking in illicit activity, they do not kick out active fishermen. Take w/ a grain of salt...

McH
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Romancoke & Kent-Narrows too just across the BB, 15 mins away from JG are 24-hr launches.

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                          Ft. Armistead is Sunrise-Sunset, however there is no "gate" and there are people there 24 hours per day. I've fished the bulkhead deep into the night. Have not yet seen DNR actively patrolling, however I was told as long as you are not belligerent or partaking in illicit activity, they do not kick out active fishermen. Take w/ a grain of salt...

McH
                          I've been loading the yak up after a trip well after dark and people are still rolling in to fish off the shore. In fact the only time I've seen police or DNR there was last summer when a boat hit the concrete barriers in front of the key bridge. I think because it's in that forgotten corner of Baltimore City authorities don't pay it any mind and AA county has no jurisdiction. I am always extra conscious of my surroundings after dark though, on land or water.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTech View Post
                            I've been loading the yak up after a trip well after dark and people are still rolling in to fish off the shore. In fact the only time I've seen police or DNR there was last summer when a boat hit the concrete barriers in front of the key bridge. I think because it's in that forgotten corner of Baltimore City authorities don't pay it any mind and AA county has no jurisdiction. I am always extra conscious of my surroundings after dark though, on land or water.
                            But Dnr has state wide jurisdiction

Comment

Plans for the Weekend...

Originally posted by BimmerTech View Post
                              One grain of salt added... Wife has plans to furniture shop Saturday morning, so I'm thinking Saturday evening will be my chance. Where are the the Strippers biting. (I really need to learn how to fish for some other species!)

gdm
                              Gregory
                              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                              2014 Pro Angler 12
                              '

Comment

Working...
                              X