No announcement yet.

Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a beautiful day on the water. It was slow going but fun. I only caught 8 fish biggest was 26" all the rest were in the 20" to 24" range. I kept 4 fish for the guys to have, I'm not a big catfish eater myself. Yakscientist caught the biggest of the day. Pushing 40 inches. He was a happy fisherman.

IMG_5466.jpg IMG_5465.jpg IMG_5467.jpg IMG_5460.jpg IMG_2286.jpg
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Awesome job, guys!

Comment

I was hoping you would get at least one big one...there are some real monsters there
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

It was a great time out there, and couldn't have asked for better weather. What a change from the low 40's, wind, and rain, that was forecasted to occur a few days beforehand. Instead we got high 40s, maybe even low 50s, hardly any wind, and lots of sun. As the others said, the fishing was by no means red hot, but I was, and still am, in total awe at the whopper that I got. I will post up a separate thread with some other pics of him. All the fish, besides my first 2 (the 40 pounder and a 18") were very finicky, just pecked at the bait for a while before either moving on, or sometimes committing. I got 7 fish to the boat total and probably missed just as many, usually i would just fail to set the hook correctly, or just become impatient and miss the bigger strikes. All were caught on raw chicken breast, some on j hooks, others on circles, some on double hook bottom rigs, others on single hook fishfinders. The big one hit a circle hook on a fishfinder. Again, thanks to Rockchaser and Aintmisbehavin for coming out, it's a long drive for me, but it was a very nice day out on the water. And the memory of that big nasty fish will last forever.

Comment

What depth were you fishing?

Comment

I was anchored in 20' of water casting deeper and into the current. I started about 100 yards downriver of Yakscientist and I kept pulling loose and drifting. (Note to self, I need a little more anchor line if I'm going to fish the deep holes). Ron had suggested that we anchor in 12' and fish toward the ledge into deeper water, which was the general idea of what we were doing. We tried to fish shallower initially but I believe the bite was coming from deeper water.

Gregory
              Gregory
              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
              2014 Pro Angler 12
              '

Comment

Headed out to Beverly-Triton Beach Saturday morning to see if any decent sized Rockfish are still around. Plan to launch as soon as the park opens (7am). I can only fish until around 10:30 and the gotta go to a graduation. I'll be on channel 68 if anyone wants to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Gregory
                ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                2014 Pro Angler 12
                '

Comment

Working...
                X