Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline TODAY 11/15/16 Mayo Peninsula Parks Comments

Hello all,

Reminder - Today is the deadline for comments on the Mayo Peninsula Parks. Email to: mayoparks@aacounty.org Please include your first and last names and your snail mail address so they know you're a real person. There are lots of options in these park plans and you'll all have your own take on them.

It's the second round of comments on Beverly-Triton and the first on South River Farm Park and Mayo Beach Park, along with two proposed inland parks. Plans online at: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/recreation-parks/parks/mayo-peninsula-parks/

Please comment on the proposals. My main points for Beverly-Triton are supporting the kayak launch, the public swimming beach, more parking and connecting connecting the park to the public sewer system instead of installing a septic field. The 2000 Beverly-Triton Master Plan (that was never built out) had ballfields. Using this park for a public swimming beach instead of cutting down acres of trees for ballfields is smart.

My main points for South River Farm Park are supporting the kayak launch onto Brickhouse Cove/Selby Bay, a kayak landing spot out on the "point", immediate 7 day a week public access like Beverly-Triton, connecting the park to the public sewer system and minimizing paved roads. The plan shows a kayak launch out on the "point" - widening and improving that road to support regular car traffic out to the "point" would be environmentally and fiscally irresponsible.

My main points for Mayo Beach are usable drop off areas for cartop boats, toilets and a changing area, 365 day a year public access and connecting the park to the public sewer system so the septic field can be phased out.

I'm looking forward to your ideas.

Thanks

Lisa
Working...
X