Anna Maria Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Maria Island

I had a chance to go and explore Anna Maria Island in Florida and took my kayak. I managed to catch a lot of lady fish and spanish mackerals. Here is a video clip of the lady fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB5Maeja_3g

photo_2016-11-14_21-37-27.jpg photo_2016-11-14_21-37-50.jpg

Outback 2015
    Maui

Ladyfish are fun. They're very strong swimmers and they go airborne when you catch them by casting flies or conventional tackle. I've never caught one trolling. They swim in large schools. When you locate them, the action can be frantic.

Nice job on your catches.

It's good to the see the Maryland colors flying in Florida.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Ladyfish are fun. They're very strong swimmers and they go airborne when you catch them by casting flies or conventional tackle. I've never caught one trolling. They swim in large schools. When you locate them, the action can be frantic.

Nice job on your catches.

It's good to the see the Maryland colors flying in Florida.
      I caught these all livelining greenbacks. It's was awesome there. The weather was great and hardly any winds. I think it got up to 78 degrees and the wind was maybe 4mph at most.

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Did you see any evidence of red tide there? I had heard that the mouth of Tampa Bay had been affected.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I went there a couple of summers ago and had a great time. Beautiful water and weather. My fishing was pretty much a fail there. I can see how a Hobie would help tremendously in trolling. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            Did you see any evidence of red tide there? I had heard that the mouth of Tampa Bay had been affected.
            I saw one floater the whole time I was out there. It looked pretty clean. From what I was told it was further south of Tampa.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Working...
            X