Fishing out of good hands on tues 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing out of good hands on tues 15th

Anyone interested in fishing out of Good Hands Creek on tues AM ? I would probably launch at sunrise and at least fish the morning depending on wind conditions.Be prepared for cold weather. Would be great if someone came along.
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Rich -

Whenican reported a slow bite at Goodhands last week. I launched from Cabin Creek (on the eastern [opposite] side of Prospect Bay) yesterday and had beautiful weather and a rising tide. In 2.5 hours of trolling over areas that generally produce, I caught one 16" striper and four 12" stripers. The water there (and I suspect near Goodhands too) is very clear now. I could see bottom in 5' depth yesterday. Trolling seems to be more difficult in the clear water (the fish can see the kayak before they see your lures).

If I had to repeat yesterday's trip, I would not have trolled. Instead, I would have paddled/pedaled a cast length away from grassy edges and points and cast paddletails up to the shoreline. I had done a similar style of fishing on the previous weekend near Poplar Island using my center console (now winterized). That trip was quite productive with nearly 50 stripers in the upper teens between two of us.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

thanks john,my thoughts going to good handswas because a friend of mine had a few good days there last week in a center console. However it seems like the wind is going to blow and rain tommorow.I'll probably fish the upper Potomac. I am hoping to come to your meet ND greet in December. Take care.
      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Working...
      X