No announcement yet.

December Meet and Greet - Dec 10 - Jonas Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please count me in for fishing. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the lunch. I almost finished reading your book Mr. Veil. I never fished for pickerel before and am looking forward to fishing for them. I'm taking notes. So where do you get your live minnows close to Jonas?

Zubair
    2017 Hobie Outback - Camo
    2014 Hobie Oasis - Olive

Comment

Zubair -

You are added to the list of participants. You asked about getting live minnows. The closest place is Anglers Sports Center, located a few miles to the east of the Severn River off of Rt 50. If you don't want to deal with live minnows, you can also catch pickerel using small lures. I have caught them on twister tails, Gulp, paddletails, inline spinners, and safety pin style spinners.

I believe you are new to kayak fishing. Please make sure you have suitable cold weather gear if you plan to fish at the meet and greet.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I am in for fishing and lunch

Comment

Yes, I am new to Kayak Fishing. I do have suitable winter gear. Thank you! Looking forward to it.
          2017 Hobie Outback - Camo
          2014 Hobie Oasis - Olive

Comment

I'm in for both.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for hosting! I'm in for both.

Comment

It looks like I am able to come for fishing, not lunch. Wife finally let me get the drysuit, so should be here before then. This will be my first Meet and Greet! Looking forward to it!

Tptman

Comment

Count me in for both! Anyone launching from Truxton Park?
                  Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

I'm in for both

Comment

I would like to fish and come to lunch that day

gdm
                      Gregory
                      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                      2014 Pro Angler 12
                      '

Comment

At this point in the planning and signing up for the meet and greet, I want to talk about some good news and bad news.

Good News - By my count, we now have 17 persons who are signed up to fish on Dec 10 -- that is great. If you think you are on the roster, please check the table on reply #3 to this thread to verify.

Bad News - There are several items in this category.

a) Please go back and read reply #15 in this thread. The park rules for Jonas Green require groups of 20 or more persons to get permits and jump through a bunch of hoops. John, Mark, and I are not prepared to do that. In order to comply with park rules, we must cut off registration from those wanting to launch from Jonas Green to the first 19 persons (and we are close to that already). One of the three organizers will relocate to the nearby Tucker St ramp and can orient other persons who choose to launch from there. If any of the persons already registered are interested in launching from Tucker St, Truxtun Park, or another Severn River ramp, that would free up spaces at Jonas Green. There are also launch locations on the South and Magothy rivers that are not too far away from the lunch restaurant. Those may work as overflow locations. Please reply to this thread if your plans change such that you are not able to fish that day or decide to launch elsewhere.

There are no limits on space for the lunch -- all are welcome, but please let us know in advance so we can have adequate table space.

b) We cannot predict the weather for Dec 10 this far out. If weather conditions appear to be unsafe, we will cancel the event. That decision will be made at the last minute.

c) Unlike recent years in Nov and Dec, the pickerel bite in the tidal creeks and ponds near Jonas Green has been quite poor over the past few weeks. In past years, there was a reasonable expectation of catching one or more pickerel by all participants. Given my own experience this week (fished in two creeks on Mon and three others on Wed without getting a single bite) and reports I have received from others, pickerel are tough to find right now. I plan to do more pre-fishing next week to see if I can locate the pickerel.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

John, Mark, & John
                          Hope the event goes well. Have family coming in and cannot make it.
                          Harry

Comment

I am in for both fishing and lunch. Hopefully the picks cooperate this year.
                            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                              John, Mark, & John
                              Hope the event goes well. Have family coming in and cannot make it.
                              Harry
                              Sorry you cannot join us, Harry.

Enjoy your family.
                              Mark
                              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I might have to back out, my wig is at the cleaner.

In all seriousness, if one of the admins would set it so new members need to be approved manualy it would cut down on the spam. I believe vbulliten will let one do that.
                                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                                X