Reconfiguring transducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconfiguring transducer

I am considering changing my fish finder setup from what I use now - Yak Attack Cellblok with the FF mounted on top and the transducer arm hanging over the side of the kayak - to mounting the transducer inside the hull. I have checked out some vids but has anybody done this? Pros and cons?

Thanks!
    j
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Originally posted by Jim McFalls View Post
    I am considering changing my fish finder setup from what I use now - Yak Attack Cellblok with the FF mounted on top and the transducer arm hanging over the side of the kayak - to mounting the transducer inside the hull. I have checked out some vids but has anybody done this? Pros and cons?

Thanks!
    j
    A lot of people here use the duct seal hull mount. Super easy and just as easily removable.

The standard sounder works great through the hull but you will get mixed reviews on down scan. I have it but honestly never use it so I don't know if it works for me.

Water temp will not be accurate as it will read your hull temp instead.

I've heard side scan absolutely does not work.

All in all I'll take the duct seal mount any day until I upgrade to a lowrance ready hobie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

Comment

I use hook5 with in hull duct seal mount and has worked great. Only issue is water temp which I do not use on that unit anyway.

Comment

I have a Lowrance Hook4 with the transducer mounted in duct seal (no wet well, just pressed into a duct seal patty) and I think it works great, even the downscan. After about an hour on the water, the water temp is accurate within a couple degrees. My finder has a setting where you can calibrate the water temp up or down if it is off from a known temperature. I haven't tried the downscan with the transducer directly in the water, but it seems plenty clear to me:

Bridge piling on it's concrete support base:

Coleman2.jpg

Baitfish:

baitfish.jpg
        2013 WS Ride 135
        2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Working...
        X