Fly fishing / tying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing / tying

I know a few have mentioned about wanting to learn how to tie or fly fish out of a kayak. I am thinking about putting something together ( with Marks assistance but he does not know yet). We can talk about fly fishing as well as give instruction on fly tying. I know I can set this up at bass pro at Arundel mills, since I work in the fly shop. Anyway I would like to get a feel if anyone is interested, what day of the week or weekend would be good, and possibly when to have it. Most likely with the holidays coming up it would be in January or so but I am up for anything. Let me know if anyone has interest in doing something like this for our group. Also we can give instruction to conventional fishing people who just need to re dress their lures with feathers, hair, or artificial material.

Harry

I'd be interested Harry. Especially regarding dressing lures. BPS is a hike for me, but if we figure out a weekend in winter, I should be able to plan for it.

Thank you for passing on the knowledge!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I'd be interested as well. Plus it would be good to get some recommendations for getting a new setup. Like AbuMasgouf weekends work best for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Desert Camo- Moken 14
      Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

I'm in as well, can make almost anytime work.
        Harlan

Revo 13
        Trident 13
        Cuda 14
        Necky Tandem

Comment

Sounds good to me. BassPro is fine. The soonest I could get there on a weeknight is around 7:00 or 7:30. A Tuesday might work well.

Comment

Sure thing, Harry.

Sounds fun.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I would be interested
              D Hawk
              Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
              Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I'd be willing to help with the demonstration part.

Comment

Do you guys think a Saturday or Sunday in January would be good? I think the second Saturday in January is normally the Snaggedline planning for m&g for 2017. Maybe we could do Saturday January 14 in the morning at 9 til 11 then have the snagged meeting. Afterwards if we need more time tying or casting we can continue.

Comment

Jan. 14 would would work for me, Harry.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The date is good here.
                      Harlan

Revo 13
                      Trident 13
                      Cuda 14
                      Necky Tandem

Comment

Sounds far enough in advance that I could make it work.

Comment

Sounds good
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Sounds good to me as well, with the way that mall gets around noon I'd say the earlier the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Desert Camo- Moken 14
                            Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Don't forget to bring all those fly rods to the Dec meet and greet. I was speaking with Harry at BPS last week and when I went out on veterans day I bagged a half dozen chain pickerel in about an hour and a half. In a tidal pond of the Severn all on the fly, when the conditions are right sometimes the fly rod makes a presentation that can't be duplicated in shallow water. Or in the case of what Harry and I discussed a slow sink-tip fly line to really control the depth and speed of the retrieve. Thanks again Harry for sharing advice and being a sounding board for others. You guys are going to make a killing with those big chain pickerel next month. Of the 6 I caught only one was under 20" and they are getting fat with all this bait too.
                              vetreransday2106_0045-00-04-33-239.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X