Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade chip for Lowrance Elite HDI Fish Finder: Lowrance chip verses Navionics chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade chip for Lowrance Elite HDI Fish Finder: Lowrance chip verses Navionics chip?

Hi Folks:

I am planning on getting a mapping upgrade card for my Lowrance Elite 5 HDI Fish Finder. I see that there are two choices, one from Lowrance called “Nautic Insight Pro” for $99 and the other from Navionics called “Navionics +”, and runs $150 for the Eastern USA region. I think each is like a SD card that I can install into my FF. I’m not concerned about the $50 cost difference. Does anyone know which one is better for the type of kayak fishing we do in the Maryland area? Can anyone contrast the two products?

Thanks,

Gary
    Gary G

13' Hobie Revolution

The Navionics plus has .5-1 foot contours on it which will give you more bottom detail then Nautic insight. I have insight which came with my Elite 5 HDI and works well but I would prefer the tighter contours to see small holes or ledges easier if I was buying new I would get Navionics. They both allow you to get more detail using Sonar logs but from experience mapping an area I fish with Nautic Insight it missed allot of detail and showed the whole area as one depth when it ranges from 1-12 feet. This was with multiple logs all merged from several trips.
    Originally posted by Gary G View Post
    Hi Folks:

I am planning on getting a mapping upgrade card for my Lowrance Elite 5 HDI Fish Finder. I see that there are two choices, one from Lowrance called “Nautic Insight Pro” for $99 and the other from Navionics called “Navionics +”, and runs $150 for the Eastern USA region. I think each is like a SD card that I can install into my FF. I’m not concerned about the $50 cost difference. Does anyone know which one is better for the type of kayak fishing we do in the Maryland area? Can anyone contrast the two products?

Thanks,

Gary
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks Mike
      Gary G

13' Hobie Revolution

Comment

Working...
      X