• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Nov 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KENIbvAH228

Outback 2015
    Maui

Nice fish.! What area of bay were you fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
      Nice fish.! What area of bay were you fishing?
      This is in your backyard. Ft. Smallwood.

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Good to see a post from you, bud. Glad you got into them!
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Is that where you are going in the morning Bruce?

Comment

Nice fish. I think, over my kayak at least, the pedal yaks have a huge advantage in the wind. I slow down so much, I barely catch any fish paddling into any wind over 10mph. But on calm days I think lure choice, angler skill, luck, etc. play more of a role. Some day I will upgrade, but a drysuit's first, then a gps/fishfinder combo.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                Nice fish. I think, over my kayak at least, the pedal yaks have a huge advantage in the wind. I slow down so much, I barely catch any fish paddling into any wind over 10mph. But on calm days I think lure choice, angler skill, luck, etc. play more of a role. Some day I will upgrade, but a drysuit's first, then a gps/fishfinder combo.
                It was pretty windy out there that day. I barely made any ground when heading into the wind and current. I couldn't imagine anyone in a paddle kayak out there in that condition. I think the wind picked up as the day went on which made it harder to get back in. Hugging the shorelines made it easier to go against the current and wind. Since it's getting cooler don't forget about safety. Do your homework before going out and be over prepared. I had dry gear in my front hatch and went out with friends. Safety in numbers. Anything could happen.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
                  Good to see a post from you, bud. Glad you got into them!
                  Thx Bruce. I'll have to catch up with you one of these days.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Yep, even though I am getting a drysuit soon, I won't be going out alone anymore from here on out, until the water warms back up in the spring. Can't wait to chase some monster rockfish, probably won't get any, but who knows.

Comment

I saw you guys in the morning, you know, the guy with the winning football team name on his hat (too soon?). A little too windy for my first time in a new area, so I stayed close. Ended up with a decent pick for the short time I was there. Funny thing was, I got more on the rapala than the z-man paddle tail, go figure.
                      Jay

10' Green Slayer
                      13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Dude, you're killing it!! Awesome fish and video!

Comment

Nice fish and even better video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Launching tomorrow morning at ft. Smallwood. Hopefully you did not catch them all.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                              Launching tomorrow morning at ft. Smallwood. Hopefully you did not catch them all.
                              Lol. I let alot of them go so look for that big one out there. It was a 28.5" one. That's the one that bent my rod really good near the end of the video. Good luck out there and tight lines.

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X