Few Kipto Keeper Togs - Nov 5, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Kipto Keeper Togs - Nov 5, 2016

On Nov 5, 2016, we went to the Western Shore, VA launch site to fish CBBT between the shore and the First Island. We wanted catch some flounder, puppy drum, possible bull red and many tautog. But the NE wind was stronger than the forecast. We waited and tried to launch once. It was very hard to launch from the Western Shore. And it seemed that the strong NE wind would continue afternoon.
    After a wipe-out, we repacked and went to the backup water, the Concrete Ships in the Eastern Shore, VA.
    We launched from Kiptopeke State Park, VA. We fished hard. I caught about 10 togs, 2 at 16", 4 at 15" and small ones.
    Dave caught a 17 incher.

To me, I think the fishing result was better than I expected based on the fishing reports last few years.

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-06-2016, 02:12 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Yep, few togs were caught. All mine were shorts. I also caught toads, black sea bass, puffers and a skate.

Late afternoon was calm. Nice for more fishing, but I was beat.

We'll have to try CBBT some other day, especially when the water is cooler.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice togs! I'm hoping to get out there when my schedule and the weather permits me too.
      J

Comment

Working...
      X