South River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South River

I went out last night and got 6 fish. The water temperature has dropped 12 degrees in the last week. The fishing pattern has also changed. Where there were masses of bait in the shallows there were hardly any schools of bait, just a scattering. The bait has moved deeper, in the area where I had been fishing. The breaking fish had also dropped off. I did see some bird activity over just off Beverly Beach. Three of the six fish I caught last night were keeper size in the 20-22" range, all released. Overall this year, at least for me, the fish have been smaller in the South River. In past years 27-28" fish were common this time of year. Maybe it has just been my luck. I did change up with what I was doing, going to some other deeper areas where I knew the bottom structure usually held fish. It did pay off. In any event, up to this point, I have been catching good numbers when I get out to fish.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-29-2016, 12:49 AM.

Successful trip. Were you trolling or jigging?

Comment

I was trolling. Rapala, Glass Shad Rap in glass ghost and a YOZuri, Hardcore Drum in shad color.

Comment

There are plenty of fish above the Riva Bridge.

Comment

What was the water temp? I've been wanting to get out but just haven't had the time.

Comment

thanks for your report.... your knowledge of the area is most appreciated.

Comment

Water temp on Wednesday was 60 degrees.

Comment

Working...
              X