White Hall Bay 10/25/16 and upper Severn 10/26/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Hall Bay 10/25/16 and upper Severn 10/26/16

Made a trip to White Hall Bay after hearing of big fish working that area. I launch at around 6:45am for the morning bite and to stay clear of the the higher winds that were predicted for the later morning. I first work top water with a 4 inch popper around the flats for the sunrise and caught 3 striper ranging from 15"-18". It gave me high hopes that bigger fish were there and just hanging hanging out in deeper water.

Next, I troll from the flats through the channel for the next hour or so and caught another hand full of the same size stripers using white and chartreuse 1 oz bucktails with 4"-5" paddletails. Probably from the same school.

Then I try jigging over the shelf from the flats and in the channel with the same result.

All in all, I had a fun time and caught 12 striper all between 15"-18". I guess the monsters are more active in that area for the evening bite.

As for the upper Severn, the next day, totally different story. Trolling through my stomping grounds with the same bucktails and paddletails with a light southerly wind of 5mph-10mph working on an outgoing tide. First fish I caught right out of the gate was a 20"striper right as the sun was rising. For the next 45 minutes I was catching schoolies left and right (8 fish) but couldn't find anything bigger than 20". Once the tide slacked off the action did the same until I see birds working in the distance. I reel in one line so it would be ready to cast when I get to the baitball and leave the other in trolling position for the paddle over there. I get to the baitball and cast over and past it and reel my jig back into the ball and wham! Another striper being landed on the board. This time it was a health bay caliber 21". Casted through another 10-15 times and caught 3 more 20"-21" fish. I left limited with two 21" striped bass. Sometimes I don't why I even leave my main haunts when fishing is still so productive here. Haha... for the monsters!

The area you fished in Whitehall has been good historically.

But yes. You are locked in locally. Congratulations on that.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      The area you fished in Whitehall has been good historically.

But yes. You are locked in locally. Congratulations on that.
      Thanks Mark!

Comment

Sometimes I don't why I even leave my main haunts when fishing is still so productive here. Haha... for the monsters![/QUOTE]

As is so often the case....

Nice day!
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Nice bro! Good to see the Severn being this productive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Nice going on the keepers.
              John Rentch
              Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
              Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Thanks John!

Comment

As I've said before in other posts, if at anytime you guys want to join me at my launch area, just message me on here and I'll be more than happy to sponsor you to launch. I've had a few guys from Snaggedline out here and they were quite successful on most of their outtings.

Comment

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
                    As I've said before in other posts, if at anytime you guys want to join me at my launch area, just message me on here and I'll be more than happy to sponsor you to launch. I've had a few guys from Snaggedline out here and they were quite successful on most of their outtings.
                    He's correct, it's a very easy launch and 2/3 times I've been there, I've caught my keepers relatively quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                      He's correct, it's a very easy launch and 2/3 times I've been there, I've caught my keepers relatively quickly.
                      🍻🎣🎣

Comment

Working...
                      X