Must be Rocktober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be Rocktober

What a difference a day makes, I went out Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, went to the Wye river. Tuesday, with the wind steady out of the SE, it was a slow day, landed a few dinks, but that was it. I expected to see some schools of bait fish, but there were none to be seen. Wednesday, I went out an hour earlier to catch the full incoming tide, the slight breeze was from the west, the first hour was all about catching a steady stream of dinks, but about 5pm, the schools of bait fish showed up and a few minutes later, the rod bends and stays bent. Fish on. Landed a 20" keeper. I found a ridge that went from 4' to 15' and ever time I passed from shallow to deep I got a hook up with a Rock in the high teens, what a blast. About 6pm, I was thinking I was going to fish the shoreline where I launched from to try to find a 2nd keeper and at the last second decided to take 1 more run down the ridge line, on the final pass as the sun was setting, my rod doubles over and the drag lets out line, the kayak takes a left turn and I just smiled, fish on. I reeled and reeled and when I finally got the fish in and it was a nice fat 22" Rock. What a nice way to end the day.

Thank You Rocktober.

Rock Fish First 2 keepers PB 22.jpg
    Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Great Mark, nice report!

Comment

Working...
    X