Fall Albie Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Albie Report

I think my albie season is over. I logged 19 fish split between beach and kayak this season which wasn't bad but not as good as the past few years. The fish were also generally much smaller than years past. I caught them mainly on Hogy epoxy jigs but also got a few on yo zuri mag minnows and an SP minnow and lost a monster on a live squid. With all the albie talk on here lately I thought I'd share a short vid I just finished up where I got my first plug-caught albie. This was from the week I spent on Martha's Vineyard and one of only a handful I was able to get on the yak. Enjoy!

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Gotta love that feeling of screaming drag!! Thanks for sharing the video.

Are you giving up on them for the year due to diminished opportunities or to focus on cows coming south?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Hell yea that's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

That was awesome. Got me all pumped up just watching. What setup were you using?

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

I am traveling for work the next week but when I get back I will be chasing those big stripers out front again. For the albies I was using an old old shimano Clarus 6'6" MH spinning rod and a shimano Stradic 3000fk spooled with 20 lb suffix 832.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

That nice
            2014 Hobie Outback
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
            2nd PLACE
            Slam Division

Comment

Great video and cool looking fish.

Comment

How far are you off shore/from your launch? And what's the total mileage you'd put in on a day like that for those fish? Looks like a great time, but it seems you really really really have to work for the fish. You should host a M&G targeting them....

Comment

Working...
                X